It has only been a few weeks since the release of Halo 5’s Warzone Firefight, and the developers have already released a new update for the game mode. In this week’s Community Update post, 343 Industries explains all the changes that are coming with this update and how it will affect the gameplay.
David Ellis, Multiplayer Designer for 343 Industries, states that an enormous amount of data was generated during the Warzone Firefight Beta earlier this year, during which point the developers had more coverage of the map, Escape from A.R.C, and it’s objectives than the entire development of the mode up till that time. All of this was with just one map, and now that all 6 maps have been released, the data generated has “grown exponentially“.
343 Industries have used this data to identify some key problems with the mode, specifically with regards to the to the objectives and their correspondence with the appropriate difficulty they should be at. The full patch notes are noted below.
The Warzone Firefight Hotfix
- Moved “Defend the Garage” objective from Round 1 to Round 2
- Moved “Defend the Forerunner Powercore” (Hill) objective to Round 3
- Moved “Eliminate Knight Sublimis and the Phaeton Helmsmen” objective to Round 4
- Moved “Eliminate the Banshee Raiders” objective to Round 4
- Moved “Kill 35 Prometheans” objective to Round 3
MARCH ON STORMBREAK
- Reduced target number for “Kill Soldiers” objective in Round 2 from 50 to 35
- Reduced target number for “Kill Knights” objective in Round 4 from 25 to 20
RAID ON APEX 7
- Moved “Kill 60 Grunts” objective to Round 3
- Moved Solder Bandit boss objective to Round 3
- Moved “Eliminate the Hunter Particulars” objective to round 4
- Moved “Eliminate the Hunter Premiers” objective to round 3
- Moved “Eliminate the Warden Eternal” objective to Round 4
- Moved “Kill 25 Knights” objective to Round 4
- Reduced number of knight waves that come in with Grunt Boss in Round 5
SKIRMISH AT DARKSTAR
- Moved “Defend the Armory” (Promethean) to Round 2
- Moved “Defend the Armory” (Covenant) to Round 1
- Moved “Eliminate the Soldier Commandos” objective to Round 4
- Moved “Eliminate the Phaeton Helmsmen” objective to Round 4
- Moved “Eliminate the Warden Eternal” objective to Round 3
ESCAPE FROM A.R.C.
- Moved “Defend the Garage” objective to round 4
- Moved “Eliminate the Recon Pilots” objective to Round 3
In addition to the fixes for Warzone Firefight, the update also fixes issues with lighting generation on Forge’s new map, Tidal.
Share your thoughts on the Warzone Firefight hotfix changelog in the comments below.