With Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare set to release tomorrow, publisher Activison has released a new blog post on their official website detailing some of the features of their game.
The blog details two new modes for the game’s campaign, Specialist Mode and YOLO Mode. The first of these, Specialist Mode, is unlocked after players beat the game on any difficulty. It is a very realistic mode that features a much higher difficulty than normal and is described as not being for “The faint of heart.”
Some of the features of Specialist Mode can be found below:
- You can only heal with Nano Shots, there is no health regeneration in this mode.
- Helmets are your only protection from headshots. They will take permanent damage and will need to be replaced.
- Both Nano Shots and helmets take up equipment slots, so remember to equip them in your loadout on the Retribution before each level.
- Master the lean from behind cover mechanic, which will be critical for your survival. Approach the edge of cover while standing or crouching, and aim down sights when you see a chevron appear on the side of your crosshairs. You will auto-pop from behind cover as you ADS.
- If you get shot in the legs, it will impact your movement. If you get shot in either arm, it will impact your ability to use equipment or aim down sights. Note: Your weapon can be shot out of your hands.
Those who manage to beat Specialist Mode are then rewarded with YOLO Mode, a permadeath mode even more challenging than Specialist Mode. If you die, its permanent, and you have to start the game from the beginning again.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is out tomorrow on 4th November, 2016 for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and the PC. You can learn more about the game’s Zombies In Spaceland Mode here.