Batman Arkham Knight’s latest update has now gone live on the PC. It is the promised December Update that will add heavier rain to the game. It also includes a new surprise in the form of Arkham Knight and Harley Quinn being playable characters. Keep in mind that the Arkham Knight might be a spoiler so read the full patch notes below only if you have completed the game.
Batman: Arkham Knight – December 17th Update Changelog:
- Fixed some issues with stars being awarded or lost incorrectly in specific AR Challenges
- Improved target prioritization during combat
- Restored heavier rain during the opening section of the game
- Fixed missing rain effects on a few remaining player character skins
- Miscellaneous gameplay fixes and stability improvements
- Fixes to some keyboard and mouse prompts after being rebound
- Made frame times more consistent for 60hz monitors running at 30fps with VSync enabled
- Previously equipped gadgets can be selected with keyboard and mouse again after restarting an AR Challenge
- Fixed the default key binding for Harley’s Snare gadget
- Batgirl’s Remote Hacking Device can now be properly selected with keyboard & mouse in AR Challenges
- Minor performance optimizations for certain combinations of hardware
- Fixed keyboard & mouse controls that did not function in DLC AR Challenges when no previous save data existed
- Quick Photo Mode can now be triggered with keyboard and mouse controls when using the Batmobile
- Special Combo Takedowns can now be performed with Quickfire Gadget binds if they were rebound
- Fixed graphical corruption that may occur after Alt-Tabbing
- Improvements and corrections to some localized text
- Added new Classic Harley Quinn skin for use in AR Challenges & the Harley Quinn Story Pack
- Added Arkham Knight as a playable character for AR Challenges & the Red Hood Story Pack
- Added support for December DLC content
This upcoming update still hasn’t been released on the PS4 and Xbox One but since the December Season Pass DLC is expected to release on December 22nd, the new update might launch closer to the date on both platforms. Heavier Rain was confirmed for the January patch and won’t be included i the December update for the PS4 and Xbox One unlike PC.
Let us know if you have updated to the latest version of the game in the comments below.