- Mortal Kombat X: Dev Confirms Kratos Won’t Return, Comments On Fan-Made PS4 vs Xbox One Boxart
- Ichiro Hazama Desires To Create Sprite-based Chrono Trigger Spiritual Successor
- Namco details Tales of Xillia Collectors and “Day One” Editions detailed and dated
- Will the no DRM campaign for PS4 work?
- Destiny – The Interceptor To Be Nerfed In The Final Version Of The Game
Lars Gustavsson, creative director of Battlefield 4, at the Battlefield 4 event stated to reporters that a third installment in the Battlefield: Bad Company franchise will happen. He clarified that it won’t happen immediately because of the many EA-DICE developed titles happening. Gustavsson said:
My feeling is that I would love to do it. For me, when we started the company with 1942, it was really a work of passion…
And then we worked our way through the era of different wars, and I loved them all, like my little babies. When it came to Bad Company, it was creative freedom; don’t take yourself too seriously.
He then stated that whether it can happen right now or not as EA-DICE developed titles; Mirrors Edge 2 and Star Wars: Battlefront, were announced for next-generation consoles. He said that the Bad Company team hasn’t been forgotten and are out there and will make a comeback when the time is right.
- Have a read about how Battlefield 4 PC Beta benchmarks hint at brighter prospects for AMD CPUs
Battlefield: Bad Company made its debut as a consoles exclusive on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2008, followed by a sequel dubbed Battlefield: Bad Company 2 which saw its release in 2010 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC as well. Bad Company received positive response from critics for its humorous story-line and technical aspects including sound, atmosphere and the game engine.
Excited to hear that there will be a Bad Company 3? We are too. Let us know in the comments below about your opinions.