- Is Xbox Live Gold Family Membership Making A Comeback On Xbox?
- See The Impressive Display of Arranged PlayStation 4s In Sweden
- Persona Q: Shadow Of The Labyrinth Gets Two New Trailers On 3DS
- No new Final Fantasy XV info at Tokyo Game Show
- South Park: Stick of Truth delayed in Germany and Austria due to Uncensored copies with Swastika symbols
Battlefield 4 has topped the Japanese game charts just a few days after its launch. The game was released in Japan on November 7th, 2013 and as the chart suggests, it has been a huge hit in the Japanese market. The game reached the no.1 spot despite facing a tough competition from the latest Pokemon entry, Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. Monsters Hunter 4 is at the no.3 spot, still doing well two months after it release. It has to be noted that the next gen consoles are set to launch in Japan next year, the sales are that of the current gen consoles only. Here are the top 5 games along with the amount of units sold:
- [PS3] Battlefield 4 – 121,699
- [3DS] Pokemon X and Y – 115,630
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 – 40,205
- [PSV] Akiba’s Trip 2 – 33,476
- [PS3] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2013 – 30,875
Meanwhile Nintendo is still dominating the hardware charts. Both the top spots are held by Nintendo handheld gaming devices, Nintendo 3DS XL and Nintendo 3DS respectively. Nintendo Wii U sales have also picked up in the recent months and is at the no.4 spot in the list. Xbox 360 is still struggling to do well in the Japanese market coming at the no.8 position, well behind the Playstation 3 and Nintendo Wii. It will be interesting to see whether Nintendo can manage to hold on to the top spot once next gen consoles are launched in Japan next year. Here’s the list of top 5 consoles in Japan:
- 3DS XL – 53,190
- 3DS – 28,627
- PlayStation Vita – 21,764
- Wii U – 17,737
- PlayStation 3 – 11,867
Charts collated by Media Create and published by Gematsu.
Will Nintendo still dominate Japanese market once the next generation consoles are released? Let’s know in the comments section below.