The third expansion pack for Battlefield Hardline, titled as ‘Getaway’, is out now for Premium members. Along with this, an update for the game has also been released. The expansion pack will be available for everyone else after two weeks, on January 26.
The Getaway DLC, like every other DLC, brings four new maps, a new game mode, weapons, gadgets, vehicles and some other new features. The update on the other hand brings fixes for some issues along with competitive matchmaking. It also includes a base game update.
In competitive matchmaking, players can compete with each other in 5v5 kill-based matches. You and your team will be deployed into a battle zone where you will face players of the same rank. Winning matches will rank you up and losing them will bring you straight back down. Promotions range from Cadet to Elite Gold Captain.
The patch notes of the update are not so massive and you can have a look at them below.
BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE: GETAWAY
The following features are included in the Battlefield Hardline: Getaway expansion pack. This content will be rolling out to Premium members on January 12th:
Four New Maps
• Double Cross
• Train Dodge
• Pacific Highway
New Game Mode
• Capture the Bag
• Performance Sedan
• Import Tuner
• Luxury Coupe
New Weapons for the Mechanics Class:
• M5 Navy
• AUG PARA
• RF Jammer
New Melee Weapon
• Fire Axe
Other New Features
• New Legendary Camos will unlock over time (Legendary only)
• Exclusive Premium League in the Competitive Match system (Premium owners only)
• Assignments and Patches for Mechanic class weapons
BASE GAME UPDATE
The following features are included in the Base Game Update. This content will be rolling out to all players as an automatic download on January 12th:
• Experience a new way to connect with Battlefield Hardline players in 5v5 skill-based matches
• Compete on a leaderboard and earn (or lose) ranks based on your skill and performance
• New seasons will regularly become available with a new rotation of maps and modes
• Standard League is available for all players
Note: Season 1 Competitive Matches for Console players begin with the release of the Base Game Update. Season 1 Competitive Matches for PC players will begin shortly after the release of the Base Game Update. Please stay tuned for more details.
New Weapons for All Classes
• RO933 M1
• G17 RACE Pistol
• M39 EMR
• Fixed a bug whereby a clicking sound would be heard by all players if one player equipped the Night Goggles gadget
• Added Custom RSP Server Banner support
• Fixed bug whereby player animation may break when using the Gator Gun
• Fixed bug whereby some vehicles could not be moved with melee attacks
• Fixed issues with the SCAR-H assignment and patch unlocking properly
• Melee weapons changed to have a more consistent sphere of damage.
• Ballistic shield changed to a 2 hit kill
• Increased accuracy while moving bonus for Bullpups
• Fixed bug with laser sight toggle not properly affecting crosshair
• Fixed bug whereby gadgets may get duplicated after becoming Legendary
• Fixed bug whereby Night Vision Goggles could not be turned off with the Ballistic Shield equipped
The DLC and the update are downloaded separately. So the update is now available to download on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
Battlefield Hardline was released on March 17, 2015 for PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360. The premium version of the game is available for $50 which gives you access to all four expansion packs. The expansion packs included in the season pass are Criminal Activity, Robbery, Getaway and Betrayal. The fourth expansion pack, Betrayal, will be released in Spring 2016.
Let us know what you think about this news in the comments below.