- Crytek: 60% Of A Game Is Graphics
- Battlefield 4 Creative Director: “Steam Machines are healthy for the console market”
- Take a look at how Achievement Unlock Notification on Xbox One compares to Xbox 360
- MLG Playoffs for Call of Duty: Ghosts and Much More at PAX East
- Tokyo Game Show 2013 sets new attendance record
A brand new patch was released for Call of Duty Black Ops 2 today. The Black Ops 2 August Patch doesn’t bring along any gameplay changes but instead fixes bugs and glitches players have been facing. Unlike the previous patch which nerfed the AN94 and the Bolt Action Sniper Rifles (DSR 50 and Ballista) this patch is much more kinder and doesn’t change any of the guns.
Below are the full Patch notes for the Black Ops 2 August Patch:
Multiplayer Issues Addressed
- Fixed an issue which caused strafe and backwards movement speeds to be slower than intended in certain circumstances.
- Addressed an issue where Players were able to copy other Players’ emblems.
- Fixed an issue where throwing down and picking up equipment (such as the Bouncing Betty) for a long period of time would cause those items to become invisible when thrown.
- Fixed bullet and equipment collision in Detour with several of the metal tiles in the lower section of the bridge.
- Players are no longer able to stand on invisible collision near the crane in Uplink.
- Fixed an issue in Uplink where Players were able to access invisible collision near the lower start spawn, outside of the intended playspace.
- Players are no longer able to Dive-To-Prone into a section of the downed plane in Cove.
- Improved stability with the preview movies in CoDTV when signing in and out of profiles.
- Fixed an issue where the lobby countdown timer would reset back to full in certain circumstances.
Zombies Issues Addressed
- Zombies no longer jitter when they climb on the roof of the bus or when they enter from the windows.
- Fixed an issue where zombies killed inside the bus would attack Players for a second before despawning.
- Leapers no longer become stuck in the main elevator shaft.
- The Double Points upgrade now applies when purchasing ammunition for wall-buy weapons.
- Players are no longer able to Dive-To-Prone on a haystack in the Stables and become free from zombie attack.
- Fixed an issue in the starting area where Players were able to Dive-To-Prone and safely land on collision without going down the slide.
- Players are no longer able to Dive-To-Prone on a fence outside the Church and become free from zombie attack.
- Addressed an issue where Players were able to place a Trample Steam in the Courthouse tunnels, launch themselves into a wall, and become free from zombie attack.
- Fixed an issue where Players were receiving points by touching zombies with the Insta-Kill persistent upgrade active and a sniper rifle equipped.
- Players are no longer able to access unintended collision in-between the General Store and Stables and be free from zombie attack.
- Players no longer get stuck at the bottom of the slide when using Dive-To-Prone.
- Fixed an issue where zombies were getting stuck in walls when Players stood in Vulture-Aid stink.
- Players are no longer able to stand on invisible collision on the Stables’ exterior and be free from zombie attack.
The main highlights in the patch are that developers Treyarch have finally fixed the copying emblem glitch, so original emblem creators can finally be at peace. The other fix is that the lobby timer would no longer reset when the teams are reshuffled or when someone leaves, this was very annoying in Ground War as matches could take several minutes to start.
What are your thoughts on the patch? Let us know in the comments below