Bloodborne has plenty of secrets and optional boss battles, and if you want to locate all of them, then you definitely need a guide.
In Bloodborne, some boss fights are completely optional, but they do reward the player with new items. In that case, it is up to you whether you want to fight a particular boss or not. During the course of the game, we also have the choice to engage in some optional sidequests with NPCs, which might reward us with new items.
The purpose of this guide is to cover all these events at one place. You can follow the guide below to locate every secret in the game.
Optional Boss Battles:-
- Cleric Beast – Central Yharnam: Drops Sword Hunter Badge
- Witch of Hemwick – Hemwick Graveyard: Drops Bloodshot Eyeball x4
- Martyr Logarius – Forsaken Cainhurst Castle: Drops Crown of Illusions
- Darkbeast Paarl – Hypogean Gaol: Drops Spark Hunter Badge
- Celestial Emissary – Lumenflower Gardens: Drops Communion
- Ebrietas – Altar of Despair: Drops Great Isz Chalice
- Amygdala – Nightmare Frontier: Drops Ailing Loran Chalice
- Gerhman The First Hunter – Hunter’s Dream: Drops Old Hunter Badge
- Moon Presence – Hunter’s Dream
All Sidequests and Optional Items (via reddit)
- Find Eileen The Crow in the sewers for Gesture and 4 Bold Hunter Marks
- Buy Hunter Chief Emblem
- Get Tiny Music Box from Viola
- Take Red Jeweled Brooch to Viola
- Choose whether to give her the Brooch or withhold it
- a. If you give the Brooch to her she will no longer talk to you. Eventually she will leave her home. Defeating the pig in the sewers will yield a Red Messenger Ribbon.
- b. If you don’t give her the Brooch, and have visited the Oedon Chapel about it being a safe haven, you can tell her to go there for safety. If you choose the Chapel the blood soaked ribbon will still appear on the pig.
- Visit Gilbert for Flame Sprayer
- After going to Chapel notify Old Woman of Chapel and talk to Odeon Chapel Dweller for Gesture
- Talk to Alfred for Fire Paper
- On the way to BSB don’t kill Djura(Manning the gun) for a gesture later on. Otherwise kill him for just the Powder Keg Hunter Badge
- Visit Abandoned Old Workshop for 1/3 Umbilical Cord, Doll Set, Small Hair Ornament and Old Hunter Bone
- Notify Arianna of the Chapel
- Notify Distrustful Man of the Clinic (he does opposite of what you say)
- Exit via the doorway directly in front of the Cathedral Ward lantern and immediately look left to talk to Eileen Again for Gesture.
- Goto Oedon Tomb and help her not die during encounter then kill Henryk for Caryll Rune Heir
- Get kidnapped and sent to Hypogean Gaol, while wearing church set/gasciogne set, bring Adella to chapel for Gesture, then kill in chapel for Oedon Writhe Caryll Rune and to prevent Arianna from dying
- Send Suspicious Beggar to Clinic
- Visit Iosefka’s Clinic, kill Iosefka for Oedon Writhe Caryll Rune
- Kill Gilbert for Claw Mark Rune
- Goto Eileen at Cathedral and win fight for Crow Hunter Badge and rune
- Viola’s Older Sister will appear in her window if you gave the Brooch or told her about the Chapel, and will ask you to find her younger sister who has a White Ribbon. Turn in the Red Messenger Ribbon.
- Reload the area and go down the ladder from the window to find the White Messenger Ribbon.
- Equip the Crown of Illusions (On the ground near the entrance) after defeating Martyr Logarius infront of his throne to open the hidden path.
- Join Vilebloods with Annalist for Cainhurst badge
- Loot Unopened Summons
- Give Unopened Summons to Alfred for Roar Gesture
- Go back to Annalise and loot Queenly Flesh and Wheel Hunter Badge
- If you spared Djura, approach him from the back of Old Yharnam and avoid going in front of the tower for Gesture and Powder Keg Hunter Badge
- Talk to spider boy for Rune in lecture building
- Walk up to the spider statue and give the Queenly Flesh to revive Annalise
- Kill Arianna’s Baby for 1/3 Umbilical Cord
- Make Brain fall down
- Obtain “Make Contact” gesture from statue
- Use Gesture “Make Contact” with brain’s eye
- Kill Brain
- Use Umbilical Cord
Bloodborne is out now on the PS4 in North America and Europe.
Let us know what you think about this guide in the comments below.