- Techland: 60 fps is “absolutely doable” for Dying Light on PlayStation 4
- Next COD Advanced Warfare update will reduce stun radius, reduce equipment flinch with Flak Jacker and Hardwired
- The Last of Us Remastered: Naughty Dog Hard At Work To Get The Last of Us Above 60FPS On PS4
- New Battlefield Hardline Patch detailed, full Patch Notes released
- New Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Images Showcase 3D-Printer Assault Rifle and Plasma Weapons
Destiny is one of many highly anticipated games coming out this year. We just got done with the Destiny First Look Alpha and the game is definitely on the fans’ Must-Buy list for the year. Destiny is an open-world first person shooter from the makers of the highly popular Halo series. We recently heard some interesting news regarding the greatly awaited futuristic first person shooter. Sony announced that the game would be an exclusive for the PS3 and the PS4 in Japan.
We recently reported that Destiny will run at a resolution of 1080p and 30fps on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This raised some eyebrows as PlayStation 4 fans were expecting to play the game at 60fps rather then the 30fps.
In an interview with VentureBeat, Bungie’s Senior Environment Artist talked on the topic and said, “It’s a lot of different things. I could get really technical, but I’d bore you to death. A lot has to do with performance. We’re cross-platform, so we had to be very delicate with all four consoles, making sure they have the same experience, that it looks as good as it possibly can on all these consoles. A lot goes into that, from geometry to textures to post effects to particles to how many players you get on the screen. We’re always balancing that out to make sure everyone gets the same experience,”
It seems that many developers are choosing resolution over fps as that allows developers to add more effects later on. This is the norm nowadays when it comes to next gen gaming.
Destiny will be available for purchase on the 20th of September and it will be available on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.