- PlayStation Europe Tweets New Screenshots of inFAMOUS Second Son
- Destiny: Festival of the Lost: Here’s A List Of All New Microtransactions, Items And Emotes
- Rise of the Tomb Raider Season Pass Listed on Amazon
- COD: Advanced Warfare Old vs. New Gen Image Comparison Reveals A Generational Leap In Visual Fidelity
- PlayStation Plus Lineup To Go Live on the First Tuesday of Each Month in Europe From Now On; PS+ Turns 5
Call of Duty: Ghosts just got a 200mb update on steam. No notes on the details of the update were released though, neither on steam nor on the Call of Duty: Ghosts official website.
The game launched on the 5th of November and has received quite a backlash from the PC community. After this update, it has increased further. Apparently the game didn’t let players adjust their field of view, which was a readily available option in Black Ops II, the previous entry in the Call of Duty series. An unofficial patch fix, known as ‘Fovely’, was released that allowed the players to adjust the field of view settings according to their preference.
This latest update disables the patch fix, restricting the players to stick to the default FOV settings. It’s evident that any sort of modification to the game, not intended by Activision, can result in multiplayer ban. Although the patch fix, Flovery, has already been updated to work with the latest update, it’s recommended for Steam users not to use it anymore. Until an official patch is released that unlocks field of view settings, it’s best to stick with the default one provided.
I did notice a few frame rate issues being fixed after the update. The game seems a bit smoother than before and seems to stutter on far less occasions. Still, we will have to wait for an official update note to know what has actually been fixed apart from patching the Flovery field of view fix.
What do you guys think? Did you guys notice any difference in game play after the update or it’s still the same as before? Let us know in the comments section below.