Call of Duty: WWII has received a brand new update today for the PS4 and Xbox One. This update is around 390 MB in size. This update reportedly adds a new type of multiplayer UI to the game. There are also changes to how the game handles the HQ mode now, as it no longer works automatically.
Call of Duty: WWII has received some criticism from fans over how the servers have fared so far since launch and Sledgehammer Games has assured that they will work out most of the issues with these post-launch update.
In a recent post on reddit, Sledgehammer Games confirmed that they will enforce a ban for those who try the prestige glitch on Call of Duty: WWII, so this update has reportedly enabled the fix and if you attempt it now, you might be temporarily banned for multiple days to an unspecified amount of time from the game.
Call of Duty: WWII is available now for the PS4, Xbox One and PC. The update today is confirmed for the PS4 and Xbox One while no PC update has been announced today. We will share the official patch notes for the update once they are made available.
Update: The full patch notes can be read below.
HQ STATUS UPDATE: After a bunch of testing, we are beginning to turn on fully populated Headquarters for everyone. As part of our latest patch, players simply select HQ via the MP menu. The core #CODWWII HQ experience is there, so players can compete, earn rewards, show off their accomplishments and connect with friends.
COD:WWII MULTIPLAYER UPDATES:
- XB1 and PS4 crash fixes
- Server/connectivity improvements
- Fixed an issue preventing users from entering local play match if booting game without internet connection
- Fixed an issue of players being kicked to ghost lobby then start screen with “Lost connection to host” message after Public matches
- Fixed an issue of showing black screen when host leaves match
- Fixed an issue where players who are not the host see black and screen and no AAR between matches
- General Leaderboard fixes and improvements
- Fixed an issue of 2XP not being granted when indicated, sometimes granted 3XP
- Fixed HQ progression exploits
- Fixed an issue preventing Scorestreak Training from functioning due to Custom Match settings applied prior
- Fixed an issue user from backing out into HQ if user accepts an invite to a lobby while in Scorestreak Training
- Fixed map exploits on Pointe du Hoc, USS Texas, London Docks, and Flak Tower
- Fixed an issue allowing “snaking” exploits
- Fixed one-way smoke screen issue
- Paratroopers in HC modes now have HC health, not normal health
- Fixed the issue of granting free Flamethrower with partial fuel if another Flamethrower is equipped already
- Fixed S&D issue where players are stuck when planting the Bomb after tossing a Molotov
- Fixed an issue when party leader changes game mode, members are taken to a ghost lobby
- Fixed an issue where when party leader leaves lobby before user loads out of match, users enter a ghost lobby
- Fixed an issue where if party leader leaves in middle of match without bringing the rest of the party, shows that party leader is still there
- General party improvements, including crash fixes, connectivity fixes, and access to HQ after a match
- Fixed firing range issue causing continuous emoting
- Fixed not allowing players who have Prestiged to accept, complete, or turn in Orders and Contracts
- Fixed an issue not rewarding completed Mastery Challenges
- Fixed an issue not tracking Division Skill Challenge progression in War Mode matches
- Fixed Weekly Order issue not registering Hill Taker win
- Fixed Daily Order Breathing Fire issue not tracking progress
- Fixed an issue not properly tracking Panzerschreck Challenge, preventing players from receiving snow camo unlock
- Fixed Zombies issue preventing players from earning supply drops
- Various MP and Zombies splitscreen improvements
- Cinematics resolution fixes on enhanced consoles
- Fixed an issue pushing update to stats before AAR has been displayed (no more lost/unviewed stats)
- Fixed an issue showing incorrect leaderboard data
- Fixed an issue where changing character’s face and equipping Division uniform displays previous character face and kicks player out of the menu
- Fixed an issue causing Headquarters death, weapon, and division stats to be logged in the Combat Record
- Various UI improvements (Includes Order/Challenge completion instructions)
COD:WWII MULTIPLAYER WEAPON TUNING UPDATES:
- BAR nerfed to add more recoil
- Reticle unlock fix for STG-44 reflex sight
- Custom reticle fixes for scopes of Kar98K and Lee Enfield
COD:WWII BASIC TRAINING UPDATES:
- Primed Basic Training nerf
COD:WWII GAMEBATTLES UPDATES:
- Fixed delayed start of GameBattles matches
- Increased GameBattles Hardpoint time limit from 5 min to 10 min
- Other general GameBattles improvements
COD:WWII CAMPAIGN UPDATES:
- Fixed Campaign issue causing user to lose progression and re-lock missions when selecting New Game in the menu
Call of Duty: WWII was developed by Sledgehammer Games and published by Activision. The game goes back to the series roots with a focus on the World War 2 era.