- Watch Dogs Pre-Load Now Available On EU PSN, Allows To Download Game Before Release
- Watch Dogs PS4 Will Run At 1080p and 60 FPS, Listed In Sony’s Database, Says Sony Customer Service [Update]
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Double XP Weekend Live Now, New Game Mode Available in Public Playlist
- New Info On Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare includes Exo-Skeleton Upgrades
- The Weirdest NBA 2K14 LeBron Glitch That You Will See Today
As many of you may by now Call of Duty is a yearly title made in alternatively by Activision owned studios Infinity Ward and Treyarch. Last year’s Call of Duty titled Call of Duty: Ghosts was developed by Infinity Ward so many would presume that it would be Treyarch’s turn next.
This is conflicted by reports coming in from Sledgehammer Games’ website (and Linkedin) who are looking to fill 10 or so temporary positions to work “on the next Call of Duty game”. Sledgehammer Games is also an Activision owned studio founded in 2009 and helped Infinity Ward in the development of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 alongside Beachhead Studio.
Now if this rumor is indeed true and Sledgehammer Games are indeed working on Call of Duty 2014 then it’ll mean that Call of Duty is now shifting to a 3 year developmental cycle. Sledgehammer Games has not worked on a project after finishing Modern Warfare 3 in 2011.
This cycle would have Treyarch’s next game come out in 2015, their last outing was Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 in 2012.
I personally think this is a great decision and would improve the quality of the games. Call of Duty: Ghosts, to me at least feels rushed and quality of the games has been going down with each installment. The yearly Call of Duty title is announced in the first half of February so we’ll surely find out what’s going on next month.
What do you think? Would Sledgehammer Games be able to make a good Call of Duty title? Let us know in the comments below.