- May’s Instant Game Collection For PlayStation Plus
- Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition Gameplay Trailer Released Along With Confirmed Launch Date
- Disney worlds we would like to see in Kingdom Hearts III
- Sony’s 14 for ’14 PSN sale starts with massive discounts
- The Last of Us was originally supposed to be a Jak and Daxter reboot
Fans of the Japanese cult title Catherine have some bad news coming their way, it looks like the game won’t be getting a sequel despite it’s critical and financial acclaim.
When asked in a comment on the Playstation Blog whether Catherine would be getting a sequel, PR Manager at Atlus John Hardin had the following to say:
There’s nothing planned, and I don’t think the game’s endings set it up for any kind of sequel (maybe it’d have to be a prequel or spiritual successor kind of thing?) but yeah, it’s awesome and totally would be cool.
Catherine hit stores in Japan in 2011 and came westward in 2012 for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Catherine went on to sell over 500,000 units in just Japan by the end of 2011 proving it to be a huge success.
The game holds a 83% score on Metacritic with some even calling it one of the most innovating puzzle games this generation. Catherine was developed by the famed Persona team who are supposedly working on Persona 5 right now.
Have you played Catherine? Let us know your thoughts on the game below.