- Watch Dogs PC Version Now Available For Pre-Order On Steam; Final System Specifications Released
- Xbox One Devkit Settings Menu Picture Leaked, Shows Various Options For Developers
- inFamous Second Son Hudless Direct-Feed Panoramic Shots Show Artistic Next Gen Visuals
- COD Ghosts Tip: Use Wiretap during launch month
- Microsoft Announces New Kinect-Less Xbox One SKU For $399/£349.99
Activision and Infinity Ward revealed the new Clan Wars mode a few days back at the worldwide multiplayer reveal for Call of Duty: Ghosts. Fans have been confused as to what it actually is since there wasn’t enough time to go over it in detail on the live stream.
OutsideXbox luckily managed to get an interview with Executive Producer at Infinity Ward, Mark Rubin and asked him a few questions about the new mode. Check out the interview in the video below:
So to sum it up basically Clan Wars is a metagame that allows you to make your own team and compete with others by completing objects, these are mostly winning a set amount of game modes and fulfilling their conditions. Matchmaking seems to be skill based like League Play in Black Ops 2. Speaking about League Play, there will also be a separate Clan vs. Clan playlist that will function similarly to League Play where pros can compete against each other.
We still don’t know if this playlist will follow a specific rule set but chances are that it will. Rubin also hinted that they’re planning on having top teams in the Clan vs. Clan rankings be invited to the Call of Duty Championships just like they did this year.
Overall it sounds really exciting, League Play was a great addition in Black Ops 2 and I personally really enjoyed the change from the standard pub matches. What do you think? Will you be playing more pub matches or spend time improving your clan’s rankings? Let us know in the comments below