- Respawn Overwhelmed by the Positive Reception of TitanFall Alpha, Extends Alpha Till Monday
- Watch Dogs PS4 ‘Leaked’ Animated GIFs Show Amazing Day And Night Footage
- Rumor: Ninja Theory hiring for a new project, could be Enslaved sequel
- DriveClub Tunnel Lighting Updated To Look Better, Included In Future Update; Twitch Streams Now Online
- More Final Fantasy XV details arrive from Malaysian Comic Festa
Activision and Infinity Ward revealed the new Clan Wars mode a few days back at the worldwide multiplayer reveal for Call of Duty: Ghosts. Fans have been confused as to what it actually is since there wasn’t enough time to go over it in detail on the live stream.
OutsideXbox luckily managed to get an interview with Executive Producer at Infinity Ward, Mark Rubin and asked him a few questions about the new mode. Check out the interview in the video below:
So to sum it up basically Clan Wars is a metagame that allows you to make your own team and compete with others by completing objects, these are mostly winning a set amount of game modes and fulfilling their conditions. Matchmaking seems to be skill based like League Play in Black Ops 2. Speaking about League Play, there will also be a separate Clan vs. Clan playlist that will function similarly to League Play where pros can compete against each other.
We still don’t know if this playlist will follow a specific rule set but chances are that it will. Rubin also hinted that they’re planning on having top teams in the Clan vs. Clan rankings be invited to the Call of Duty Championships just like they did this year.
Overall it sounds really exciting, League Play was a great addition in Black Ops 2 and I personally really enjoyed the change from the standard pub matches. What do you think? Will you be playing more pub matches or spend time improving your clan’s rankings? Let us know in the comments below