Battlefield 1 is an upcoming World War I first-person shooter video game developed by EA DICE and published by Electronic Arts. Earlier this week, we saw the official gameplay trailer released for Battlefield 1. The trailer had fans excited more than ever for the upcoming first-person shooter.
The game will be released in October and will feature maps based on World War 1 locations. Battlefield 1 will include the classic game modes as well as a new game mode called Operations. In Operations, you wage war across several maps and rounds in an inter-connected series of battles.
DICE has not revealed many details related to the game modes and maps but we will surely learn more about the game in the near future. So far the confirmed maps are set in France and Italy.
Battlefield’s confirmed game modes are Conquest, the close-quarters Domination, and the inter-connected Operations, which features a series of maps and matches.
Here is a list of all the confirmed Game modes and Maps for Battlefield 1:
- Conquest — a large-scale battle with up to 64 players fighting for objectives
- Domination — smaller locations with objectives and an on-foot combat focus
- Operations — a series of maps and rounds that are inter-connected by the matches’ results
- Amiens — a French city taken over by war between the British and Germans
- The St. Quentin Scar — the trench-filled battlefields of Northern France
- Monte Grappa — the Venetian Alps with cannon-equipped mountain forts that are fought over by the Austra Hungarian Empire and the Italian Army
- Empire’s Edge — the Adriatic coast with battleships
Fans are very excited to play Battlefield 1 later this year. At E3, we even saw a few celebrities such as Snoop Dogg, Zac Efron and Terry Crew playing Battlefield 1 for the first time. What better way to promote a game then to have Snoop Dogg play it in front of thousands of people. The highly anticipated first-person shooter comes out in October on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.