- Watch Dogs PS4 Day 1 Patch Changelog Reveals AI and Matchmaking Improvements
- Feast your eyes on these beautiful retail boxes of PlayStation 4 Accessories
- Guerrilla Games Dev: Killzone [series] is all about graphics and gameplay
- How to speed up your Samsung Galaxy S4 in the shortest time possible?
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor PS4 Screenshots Look Beautiful; Runs At 1080p With Unlocked 60 FPS
Demon’s Souls was a PS3 exclusive that was released in the West by Atlus. As such, it has always been recognized as a game by Atlus, even though the original game was published by SCE Japan and developed by From Software. Later on, From Software moved on to making a successor with a different name and called it Dark Souls. Now it seems like there is no Demon’s Souls 2 coming for PS4, according to Atlus.
John Hardin, who works as PR manager at Atlus, has confirmed in comments on PS Blog that there is currently no Demon Souls 2 in development for the PS4.
PS Blog Exclusive: can 100% confirm there will NOT be a Demon Souls 2. : (
Contrary to some earlier reports, Sony might be actually working on a successor to Demon’s Souls, although from what we are hearing, it might be a different game with a different name. What’s more interesting is that the original director of Demon’s Soul and Dark Souls is currently working on an undisclosed project. Dark Souls 2 is going to be released soon but it is being made by a different director and published by Namco Bandai.
So while there might not be a Demon’s Souls 2, this doesn’t rule out the possibility of another “Souls” game exclusively for the PS4.
Do you want another exclusive Souls game on the PS4 or are you happy with Dark Souls 2? Let us know in the comments below.