DOOM has received its first major update today on the PS4, Xbox One and PC. This update makes some slight changes to the multiplayer and adds photo mode for the single player portion of the game.
If you have DOOM and still haven’t downloaded this new update, you will be required to download around 2.3 GB of data for this update. The Photo Mode can be activated in the options menu and then used in game by pressing R3.
The full set of patch notes for PC and consoles can be seen below.
New Features and Optimizations
- Added Classic DOOM weapon placement/view model option (all modes)
- Added Photo Mode (You’ll find the new Photo Mode toggle in the game settings. It is available through the pause menu once you are loaded into a map via Mission Select)
- Updated weapon balance (live as of June 10, 2016)
- Clan Arena and Freeze Tag now require the winning team to complete 5 rounds in order to win the match. (live as of June 10, 2016)
- Customization UI has been implemented to show all possible unlocks
- Cross Style option has been added to settings for MP.
- Added Original Author to the map info page
- Added a timeout for AFK in Lobby
- Added a property to allow map authors to choose if SnapMap will auto-manage (hide/show) hand-placed AI
- Added Enable/Disable to Shootable Trigger
- Added Sky/Window props
- Added an auto-rollback to previous version for corrupted maps Improved sorting algorithms for Most Popular map searches Fixes
- Fixed Steam Friends’ Ultra-Nightmare Helmets not populating the map
- Fixed freeze when opening weapon wheel at more than 142 FPS (PC)
- Fixed quit to desktop when clicking campaign after initiating Dev Mode (PC)
- Fixed “IDKFA” Trophy/Achievement not properly unlocking (all versions)
- Fixed PS4 crash when reloading checkpoint in Foundry
- Fixed some occurrences of the “Every Nook and Cranny” Trophy not unlocking after collecting all Doomguys (PS4)
- Fixed an issue where the game required Internet access (Xbox One)
- Fixed crash while experiencing server connection issues (PS4)
- Fixed crash when a client suspends the game while a lobby loads into a match (PS4)
- Various cosmetic and gameplay fixes Matchmaking improvements
- Fix for restrictive NAT types being chosen as dedicated server lobby host
- Fix for larger lobbies having longer matchmaking times
- Fix for Player getting left behind if they join a friend as the lobby countdown finishes
- Bug and stability fixes
- Fixed Asian language font issues
- Fixed AI pathing error with certain types of props
- Fixed error where multiple maps share the same Map ID
- Various map error fixes
- Various logic fixes
- Various stability fixes
- Fixed Dev Mode incorrectly triggering when the user retrieves their own save data from Steam Cloud
DOOM is available now for the PC, PS4 and Xbox One. It was developed by id Software and published by Bethesda Softworks. You can read our review of the game from here.