Square Enix has updated the official website of Dragon Quest Heroes and have detailed the difference between the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 version of Dragon Quest Heroes.
The major difference is in term of the resolution and frame rate. It is not officially confirmed yet but judging from other cross-generation releases, Dragon Quest Heroes might run 1080p at 60 fps on the PlayStation 4 and 720p at 30 fps on the PlayStation 3.
Read out more of the differences below (via Gematsu)
The content of the game will be exactly the same across PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.
- PlayStation 4 – Take screenshots and record video, broadcast gameplay via live streams, Share Play with friends (as far as the opening dragon battle), and Remote Play on PS Vita.
- PlayStation 4 – Characters move more smoothly. The game runs at 60 frames per second.
- PlayStation 3 – The game runs at 30 frames per second.
- PlayStation 4 – Characters, environments, effects, and such have a more delicate expression. Additionally, in cases where large armies of monsters appear, more monsters will be displayed on screen.
- PlayStation 3 – In cases where large armies of monsters appear, some monsters will be hidden. However, the difficulty of these battles will not change.
Dragon Quest Heroes is set to launch exclusively on the PlayStation platform in Japan on February 26. There is no word on a western release yet but there is always a chance that the game might get localized.
What do you think about this news? Let us know in the comments below.