- Steins;Gate Passes European PS3 And PS Vita Quality Assurance, US To Follow; Compatible With PSTV
- Xbox Minis: A User Designed Solution To Waiting In Multiplayer Lobbies On The Xbox One
- Ubisoft announces The Crew – An open world racing game
- Ubisoft Already Working on Far Cry 4?
- COD: Ghosts Onslaught DLC Pack Comes To The PlayStation and PC on Feb. 27th
Fable Legends is an upcoming Xbox One exclusive and while it might not be a traditional Fable game, it is still uncertain whether it will have some sort of always-online component or not.
In a recent interview to OXM UK, game director of Fable Legends, David Eckelberry answers the question about the game being always-online.
“I don’t know the answer to that. The fact that we want to do a lot of things, a lot of systems on a servers, characters on a server… If it’s online we can monitor you and make sure you don’t edit your character file, or do something nasty there.” says David Eckelberry.
“Because if you’re playing single player, all your accomplishments in the game are going to eventually matter if you’re playing against a villain player, or alongside other heroes. If you’ve somehow cheated your way to victory… so that’s a concern for us. If you’re somehow cheating, online is way for us to track it, because your performance can be measured in the Xbox Live cloud.”
Fable Legends is being developed by Lionhead Studio. It is a online-centric game unlike the previous Fable games, which were offline RPGs with a story.
What do you think of Fable Legends? Let us know in the comments below.
Stay tuned to GearNuke for latest news and info on Fable Legends.