Fallout 4 has received a new update on the PS4 that includes some improvements to the game’s performance and bug fixes. This new update was released earlier on PC and has finally made its way to PS4. It will be released on Xbox One in the next few days. The update is around 520 MB and has fixes for the performance in addition to various bug fixes.
Fallout 4 faced some strange performance related issues on the PS4 including areas where the performance dropped to as low as 20 fps. The game also had some long load times and it was generally an issue on PS4 as well as Xbox One. This new patch promises some optimization and performance fixes so hopefully Bethesda has managed to fix it.
You can read the full changelog for Patch 1.02 below.
- General memory and stability improvements.
- Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant.
- Optimizations to skinned decal rendering.
- Fix issue with players becoming stuck in terminals.
- Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions.
- Fixed issue with “When Freedom Calls” where the quest would not complete.
- During “Confidence Man” fixed issues where player’s health will continuously regenerate.
- Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading save game.
Fallout 4 is available now on the PS4, Xbox One and PC. It was developed by Bethesda Softworks.
Let us know what you think about this new update in the comments below.