Fallout 4’s latest update is out now for the PS4. This update adds mod support as confirmed by Bethesda Softworks. While the mod support was added to the Xbox One version a while ago, there were some technical issues that prevented Bethesda Softworks from implementing it on the PS4.
After a long time, PS4 users can now finally enjoyed the much promised Fallout 4 mods on their consoles after installing the latest title update for the game. The patch notes for this new update can be read below.
- Support for Mods on PS4
- General optimizations and performance improvements
- Fixed an issue in which some sound effects would not persist after reloading in an area
- Resolved an occasional crash when exiting to the Main Menu, and trying to start a New Game
- Fixed an issues with spaces in Mods search queries
- Cannot rate “WIP” Work in Progress Mods, and Mods can now only be rated after they have been downloaded
- Doubled the amount of browse-able tiles in the Mods menu
- Fixed a rare crash that would occur when a Mod had an unexpected data structure
- Fixed an issue in which Library and/or Favorite Mods categories would not display correctly in specific situations
- Fixed an issue in which some Mods images would not load when scrolling quickly
- A Sentry Bot firing dual Gatling Lasers will no longer cause the audio to cut out
In addition to mod support on the PS4, Bethesda Softworks has announced that they will add support for the PS4 Pro in the next title update for Fallout 4.
— BethesdaGameStudios (@BethesdaStudios) November 17, 2016
Fallout 4 is available now for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.