Fishing is perhaps one of the most meaningful side activities in Final Fantasy XV, not only for the plethora of food ingredients players can catch for cooking at camp sites and for prize fish, but also due to the potential AP it can yield.
And to preform better in fishing, players will need to get their hands on the very best gear in the game. And that’s where the Tranquility Rod and Llymlaen Reel come into play, though they can be a little difficult to get a hold of.
To get the Tranquility Rod, players will need to complete a set of four quests handed out by the fisherman Navyth. These are:
- Navyth Location: Duscae, South of the Coernix Station.
- Requirements: Catch a Crag Barramundi.
- Recommended Lure: Sweet Jamming: Custard.
- Reward: 1,500 EXP, Knife T. Tonberry lure, Grilled Wild Barramundi recipe.
- Navyth Location: West from Lestallum at the Mynbrum Haven campground.
- Requirements: Catch a Cherrycomb Trout.
- Recommended Lure: Knife T. Tonberry.
- Reward: 2,000 EXP, Butterfly Edge rod.
- Navyth Location: Vesperpool lake in the northern Cleigne region.
- Requirements: Catch the Vesper Gar.
- Recommended Lure: Stinker: Malbodoom.
- Reward: 3,000 EXP, Invincible Iron Giant lure.
- Navyth Location: Galdin Quay, around southeast portion of the map.
- Requirements: Catch the Murk Grouper.
- Recommended Lure: Burrower: Abyss Worm.
- Reward: 5000 EXP, Tranquility Rod.
Now that the Tranquility Rod is out of the way, we can move on to the Llymlaen Reel.
The Llymlaen Reel can only be acquired after players have completed the main story, by heading over to the Altissia Colosseum. You can purchase this here for the price of 85,000 medals, though it might take a bit of effort to acquire these medals.
Released on 29th November, 2016, Final Fantasy XV is available now on the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4. You can also check out our review of the game here.