If you’re playing Final Fantasy XV right now, you might be looking for ways to quickly strengthen your characters, especially in the early hours of the game. This guide will help you get a basic idea of how to quickly do so, by detailing how to effectively gain Ability Points (AP).
To get stronger in Final Fantasy XV, players need to invest Ability Points into the Ascension Grid, a series of interconnected nodes that are divided into categories such as Stats, Techniques, etc. Once enough Ability Points are devoted towards a specific ability, it is permanently unlocked, allowing the characters to use them.
Here are a few ways players can earn said Ability Points (AP):
- Leveling Up: The most basic method. When characters level up, they are automatically rewarded with a set number of Ability Points.
- Completing Quests: Also fairly basic. Upon completion of quests, Ability Points are given as rewards.
- Specific Moves: If the finishing blow is dealt to an enemy by using a specific move such as a warp strike or a counter, an additional Ability Point is rewarded at the end of the encounter.
- Special Conditions: In some missions, bonus objectives are given such as preforming specific moves a certain number of times. Completing these objectives also nets bonus Ability Points.
- Interactive Conversations: From time to time, you will engage in conversations where there will be multiple responses to a question or a statement. Choosing the correct option during these will reward additional Ability Points.
- Fishing: A certain fishing ability can be unlocked on the Ascension Grid that will reward Ability Points for preforming the activity.
If you’ve yet to dive into the game, take a look at what’s new in the game’s Day One Crown Update.
Final Fantasy XV is set for release on 29th November, 2016, for the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4.