Square Enix has announced today that Final Fantasy XV is making its way to PC in early 2018. The critically acclaimed RPG launched on PS4 and Xbox One in November 2016 and will be released on PC almost an year and half after its original release.
Square Enix has also shared some gorgeous looking screenshots for the game featuring 4K resolution and textures. One of the selling point for this release on PC is the 4K quality textures and first person camera mode. The game will also utilize many of the advanced features offered by Nvidia’s GPUs including Ancel support. It will also support 60 FPS on PC along with 4K resolution support.
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION will include the following GameWorks technology for real-time graphics and physics simulations:
- NVIDIA Flow – creates vivid, combustible fluid, fire and smoke.
- NVIDIA HairWorks – creates dynamic, life-like hair and fur for characters, animals and monsters that inhabit the game.
- NVIDIA ShadowWorks – enables characters to cast shadows on themselves.
- NVIDIA Turf Effects – creates life-like grass and vegetation in the game environment.
- NVIDIA VXAO – adds depth and realism based on the physics principles shadows and light.
The system requirements for the game were also shown and they appear to be rather expensive in term of the raw hardware power. The recommend system requirements list 170 GB as the required hard disk space.
- Monitor: Supports 4K and HDR
- GPU: GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti
- CPU: Intel i7 3.4 GHz or Ryzen 7 1700
- RAM: 16 GB
- 5.1 or 7.1 Surround Headphone
- HDD: 170 GB
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition is set to release in early 2018 for Steam, Origin and Windows 10.