- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Xbox And PlayStation Exclusive Missions Now Available For Free
- South Park: Stick of Truth delayed in Germany and Austria due to Uncensored copies with Swastika symbols
- Journey Confirmed For PS4, Will Be Cross-Buy With PS3
- See The Impressive Display of Arranged PlayStation 4s In Sweden
- Xbox One May Firmware Update To Be Released Tonight: Increases The Performance Of Apps And Snap Feature
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD was released on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation VITA last week and it has sold really well. The HD Remaster has managed to outsell the first week debut of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII in Japan. It has also scored the best debut for any HD remaster in Japan.
According to this Famitsu, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD moved approximately 339k units on PlayStation 3 and VITA, compared to approximately 277k for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
This also ranks as the best opening for any HD remaster in Japan. This title originally belonged to Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD on PlayStation 3, which sold close to 400k units life-to-date in Japan. It seems like Final Fantasy X/X-2 is on its way to be the best selling HD remaster, if it keeps up its pace.
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII was released on November 21st, 2013 in Japan. It was the third and last(hopefully) entry in the Final Fantasy XIII saga, directed by Motumu Toriyama and produced by Yoshinori Kitase.
Yoshinori Kitase has expressed interest in releasing a HD remaster of Final Fantasy XII on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation VITA, if Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD sells enough. Hopefully, they can consider it a success and start working on bringing us Final Fantasy XII HD remaster soon enough.
What do you think of this news? Let us know in the comments below.
Stay tuned to GearNuke for latest news and info on Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD.