- Sucker Punch On The World Of inFamous Second Son: “You Matter In That World”
- Batman: Arkham Knight Receives About 13 Brand New Screens Showing The Batmobile, Villains And More
- Images of the next Assassin’s Creed game leaked
- Phil Spencer: “No Comments” on Xbox One leaks, Games with Gold for Xbox One to be Revealed “Fairly Soon”
- Xbox 360 Finally Gets Skyrim Update 1.9, Brings Legendary Features
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD was released on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation VITA last week and it has sold really well. The HD Remaster has managed to outsell the first week debut of Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII in Japan. It has also scored the best debut for any HD remaster in Japan.
According to this Famitsu, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD moved approximately 339k units on PlayStation 3 and VITA, compared to approximately 277k for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
This also ranks as the best opening for any HD remaster in Japan. This title originally belonged to Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD on PlayStation 3, which sold close to 400k units life-to-date in Japan. It seems like Final Fantasy X/X-2 is on its way to be the best selling HD remaster, if it keeps up its pace.
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII was released on November 21st, 2013 in Japan. It was the third and last(hopefully) entry in the Final Fantasy XIII saga, directed by Motumu Toriyama and produced by Yoshinori Kitase.
Yoshinori Kitase has expressed interest in releasing a HD remaster of Final Fantasy XII on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation VITA, if Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD sells enough. Hopefully, they can consider it a success and start working on bringing us Final Fantasy XII HD remaster soon enough.
What do you think of this news? Let us know in the comments below.
Stay tuned to GearNuke for latest news and info on Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD.