- No News On Borderlands 3, but Furious 4, a new Homeworld and two new IP are, says Gearbox
- Monolith Soft’s X for Wii U gets new trailer and screenshots
- Guerrilla Games Confirms That Their New IP Won’t Be At E3
- PS4 to get DC Universe Online and Planetside 2
- Phil Spencer Talks About Xbox One Exclusives From Japan, To Be Revealed Next Year
Earlier, we reported how Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remaster has outsold the debut week sales of Lightning Returns. Now it appears that the game has surpassed the life-to-date sales of Lightning Returns in Japan in just two weeks.
Lightning Returns XIII was the third entry in the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy, it was released on November 28th, 2013 in Japan. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remaster was released on 26th December, 2013 for both PlayStation 3 and the VITA and it seems like in just two weeks, Lightning Returns has been outsold by Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remaster.
According to latest sales number by Weekly Famitsu in Japan, Final Fantasy X/X-2 sold 50k units on PlayStation 3 and 35k untis on PlayStation VITA in its second week. This brings the combined total sales on both platforms to 402k units. Adding the known sales of the individual releases of Final Fantasy X HD(Not counting X-2) on VITA, which is 22k in its debut week, we can safely assume that Lightning Returns – whose last known sales figure puts it below 400k units – has been outsold by Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD remaster.
What do you think of this news? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.
Stay tuned to GearNuke for latest news and info on Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster.