Gears of War: Ultimate Edition was recently confirmed for the Xbox One and it is set to release this August. The game has received a visual overhaul for the Xbox One, and Microsoft recently updated the official website with a brand new comparison revealing the difference between the Xbox 360 and Xbox One version of the game. They also added some gorgeous looking screenshots of this remaster for the Xbox One.
Check out the full official screenshots in the Gallery below.
In addition to these screenshots, Microsoft has also shared a comparison between both versions of the game. You can check it out below.
As can be seen in the comparison above, the game is now a lot more colorful compared to the original, which was well known for its dark shade of grey and brown. The new locations now have proper color and look infinitely more better as a result.
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition will run at 1080p and 60 fps on the Xbox One and include the following features.
- Remastered for Dolby 7.1 Surround
- 90 mins of new campaign content from the original PC game
- New Xbox Live achievements (1,250 Gamerscore)
- Concept art gallery and unlockable comics
- Modernized Multiplayer featuring:
- 60 frames per second
- Dedicated servers
- Skill-based matchmaking
- New game types – Team Deathmatch, King of the Hill (Gears of War 3 style), and new 2v2 Gnasher Execution
- Total of 19 maps, including all DLC and PC-exclusive maps
- 17 unlockable Gears of War 3 characters for Multiplayer progression
- More Match customization including Actives, Respawn Time, Self-revive and Weapon Respawn
- Modernized gameplay with smoother movement and updated controls:
- Alternate Controls and all new Tournament Controls
- All controls tuned for Xbox One
- Adding the Gears of War 3 features you love: Enemy Spotting, Multiplayer Tac-Com, Improved sensitivity customization
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition is set to release on August 25th 2015 exclusively on the Xbox One.
Let us know what you think about this news in the comments below.