- Time and Eternity Limited Edition announced, includes artbook and soundtrack
- Destiny Beta: PlayStation Owners Get A Head Start Over Other Platforms – Report
- Rockstar Games Are Investigating GTA V Visual “Downgrade” On PS4 and XBO
- Level 5 Vision 2015: Here Are All the Announcements and Reveals; Yokai Watch, Layton and More
- Monster Monpiece Review LTTP
YouTube user Ben Phillips has made this neat video, which shows Gran Turismo 6 on PlayStation 3 and Forza 5 on Xbox One running side by side on the same track.
Gran Turismo 6 was released on PlayStation 3 on December 6th, 2013. Forza 5 was an Xbox One launch title and was released on November 22nd, 2013. When it comes to critical reception of both titles, Forza 5 currently sits at a 80 meta score while Gran Turismo is only slightly higher at 81 meta score.
You can check out this Gran Turismo 6 vs Forza 5 video comparison below.
The thing of particular interest here is the stark difference in lighting between both games. The other thing to note is that Gran Turismo 6 is a PlayStation 3 title, which is a current gen hardware, yet the game holds pretty well to a launch title on next generation hardware. Forza 5 has some neat additions of its own like rock-solid 60 fps, which makes for a immersive and smooth gameplay experience along with higher quality specular reflections on road and overall higher quality textures. Gran Turismo 6 also runs at 60 fps but unfortunately there are definitely some frame-rate drops going on, as can be seen in the video.
What do you think of this video comparison? Let us know in the comments below.
Stay tuned to GearNuke for latest news on gaming and technology.