- Chasm kickstarter concludes, pre-orders now available
- Xbox One Cold Boot Takes 1 Minute and 8 Seconds, Runs Hotter, Consumes More Power In Standby Than PS4
- Multiple sources hint at Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag being sub-1080p on Xbox One
- Kingdom Hearts 3 Co-director wants to tackle Frozen in next game
- Microsoft’s Xbox One ad lists 1080p/60, Adaptive A.I and Exclusive DLCs in Bulletpoints
YouTube user Ben Phillips has made this neat video, which shows Gran Turismo 6 on PlayStation 3 and Forza 5 on Xbox One running side by side on the same track.
Gran Turismo 6 was released on PlayStation 3 on December 6th, 2013. Forza 5 was an Xbox One launch title and was released on November 22nd, 2013. When it comes to critical reception of both titles, Forza 5 currently sits at a 80 meta score while Gran Turismo is only slightly higher at 81 meta score.
You can check out this Gran Turismo 6 vs Forza 5 video comparison below.
The thing of particular interest here is the stark difference in lighting between both games. The other thing to note is that Gran Turismo 6 is a PlayStation 3 title, which is a current gen hardware, yet the game holds pretty well to a launch title on next generation hardware. Forza 5 has some neat additions of its own like rock-solid 60 fps, which makes for a immersive and smooth gameplay experience along with higher quality specular reflections on road and overall higher quality textures. Gran Turismo 6 also runs at 60 fps but unfortunately there are definitely some frame-rate drops going on, as can be seen in the video.
What do you think of this video comparison? Let us know in the comments below.
Stay tuned to GearNuke for latest news on gaming and technology.