Grand Theft Auto V re-release on the PS4 and Xbox One is one of the most anticipated one of this year. Since the game is close to its launch, some lucky users are able to get their hands on an early copy of the game due to a broken street date. One such early user recently conducted an AMA on reddit where he dropped a lot more new info regarding the game. You can check out a summary of it below.
- Day 1 patch is already live. Size is not that big compared to other similar patches.
- Load time is slightly faster compared to the PS3 version. The game still requires an install during the initial boot.
- Takes about 1.5 minute to load from launching the game on PS4 till we take control.
- We can use touch-pad to select weapons. You can also use it as a mouse to browse web in-game.
- There are more parked cars and vehicles compared to the PS3 version.
- No animals in Grand Theft Auto Online.
- Car damage is improved from the PS3 version, although not by much.
- Game is playable online pre-release. Requires the patch to be installed.
- Cars that were previously exclusive to the collector’s edition are now available for purchase in game.
- Character transfer is available and we have the option to do it during first try or whenever we want using options menu.
- Shooting someone still results in them grabbing their stomach. Not much has changed from the PS3 version.
- Character creator is new and improved. Much more easier to use.
- No online lobbies for GTA Online.
- PS3 to PS4 Character transfer works well. Players retain their stats from the PS3 version to the PS4 version.
- Lag is gone in menus. They are much smoother compared to PS3.
- The game still has some visible aliasing.
- When we pick a hooker, we can actually look at her face in first person mode. There is no nudity though.
If you want to read about the new vehicles for the PS4 and Xbox One version of the game, you can check them out from here.
Grand Theft Auto V will be released on the PS4 and Xbox One on November 18th, 2014.