PS4 2.50 firmware update is currently undergoing a private beta for select users but modders have managed to find a way to install this beta firmware update on their retail PS4.
The official release of 2.50 firmware update for the PS4 has not been confirmed yet but rumors point to an end of March/Early April release for this new firmware, which will finally introduce the long promised “Suspend/Resume” feature for the PS4. You can read a full list of changes and other new additions to this firmware from here.
If you want to test this firmware before its official release, there is a way to do so (via SKFU).
- Get any SKFU’s Pr0xy server
- Start & setup the Proxy Server on your PlayStation4
- Redirect “http://feu01.ps4.update.playstation.net/update/ps4/list/eu/ps4-updatelist.xml” to “http://zload.net/ps4/beta/ps4-updatelist.xml”
- In case your from another region, change “/eu/” to your regioncode!
- Search for an update on your PS4
- Download, install and enjoy 2.50 Beta
- In case this does not work, try the installation via safemode “Update using Internet”. If you have setup the proxy already, it also works in safemode.
Keep in mind that this is not an official release and as such, you might put your PS4 and PSN account at risk. If you have a spare PS4 lying around, there is no harm in testing this new firmware, but we would strongly advice against doing so if you don’t have one.
Let us know what you think about this method in the comments below.