As previously announced, Final Fantasy XV is set to receive a day one patch which will add new items, cutscenes, etc. Now, we have more detailed information about the patch.
Named the Crown Update, the patch will be available to all players on the game’s launch, and will add a number of cutscenes from both Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV as well as well as the previously released Omen trailer. The update will also add new recipes to the game, and even a brand new item known as the Beast Whistle.
The full patch notes can be found below:
- Improvements to the camera with new options to better assist and track the action in tight space and to improve visibility during battles
- New event scenes and scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and the “Omen” trailer have also been added to the game to make the story and timeline of events easier to follow for newcomers
- The addition of an ability tree for the “Wait Mode” function which improves the strategic element of this feature
- Players can obtain the “Beast Whistle” which can be used to call monsters to battle
- A wider variety of recipes and fish with an addition of a gallery for completionist players who enjoy collecting items
- Implementation of social media support, allowing the photos Prompto takes along your journey to be uploaded to Facebook and Twitter
The patch itself is reportedly going to be around 7 GB in size.
Final Fantasy XV is set for a release on 29th November, 2016, for the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4. The game will also receive PlayStation 4 Pro support.