inFamous: Second Son was the hottest new release on the PS4, and as a console exclusive, it managed to give the PS4 a boost in sales. The game has debuted to the top of the UK all formats chart, outselling multiplatform Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. Although it is the second best debut for a PS4 exclusive, it still falls behind TitanFall debut week sales on the Xbox One.
According to Shopto Editor Joe Anderson, inFamous: Second Son debut was less than TitanFall, although it did gave a huge boost to the sales of PS4, especially since the stores got new stock for the console. Both inFamous: Second Son and TitanFall were marketed as big exclusives for the PS4 and Xbox One.
You can take a look at the Top 10 software sales (All-formats) for the UK, courtesy of GFK Chart-Track.
- inFamous: Second Son (PS4)
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3/PS4/X360/XBO)
- TitanFall (XBO)
- Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster (PS3/PSV)
- South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3/X360)
- FIFA 14 (PS3/PS4/XBO/PS4)
- Dark Souls 2 (PS3/X360)
- The Lego Movie Videogame (X360/XBO/PS3/PS4/3DS/PSV)
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (X360/XBO)
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (X360)
What do you think about the sales success for inFamous: Second Son? Let us know in the comments below.