- Black Ops 2 Vengeance DLC now available on PC and PS3
- Assassin’s Creed Unity PS4 Version Screenshots Leaked, Confirm Sub-1080p Resolution
- PlayStation Cross-Buy is the best feature introduced this generation
- Sucker Punch on Infamous Second Son: Wants You To Feel Like Spider-Man When Cruising
- Destiny – Players Will Travel To The Moon On The Final Day Of The Beta
Kingdom Hearts is a joint effort of both Square Enix and Disney. At D23 Expo in Japan, it was announced that the Kingdom Hearts series has shipped 20 million copies worldwide.
Kingdom Hearts series started with Kingdom Hearts 1 on PlayStation 2. It was released on March 28th 2002 and was exclusive to PlayStation 2. It was a unique concept at that time. Putting the characters of Final Fantasy from Square Enix and Disney’s own different series into a single game. It had its own unique set of characters as well. The best part was that they used Keyblades as Weapons. Keyblades were basically swords shaped as Keys and there were a lot of variations of them.
As tweeted by twitter user Aibo, who was attending the event.
— aibo (@aibo_ac7) October 14, 2013
Kingdom Hearts series has sold/shipped 20 million units. This makes it one of the biggest IP for Disney and Square Enix.
The first game was a surprise hit and it led to a eventual sequel and tons of spin-offs on handhelds. At E3 2013, Tetsuya Nomura officially announced Kingdom Hearts 3 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It was a major Kingdom Hearts game announcement after a long time since Kingdom Hearts 2 release in 2006. Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD was also recently announced at D23 expo in Japan.
What do you think of this news? Let us know in the comments below.
Stay tuned to GearNuke for latest news and info on Kingdom Hearts.