- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Survey Reveals Possibility Of A Beta And More
- Bungie’s Destiny Sets Pre-Order Record
- Call of Duty 2014 will be revealed on May 4, gets first teaser image
- Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Review
- Level 5 Vision 2015: Here Are All the Announcements and Reveals; Yokai Watch, Layton and More
The latest patch for League of Legends doesn’t bring any major changes to the popular MMO but it makes changes to some of the heroes which can have a huge impact on the gameplay. Riot stated that they wanted to tweak “high-damage junglers who are entering the mid-game with more gold and more experience than even the solo laners who had to scrap out their gains against another opponent.”
To do that they simply nerfed the Feral Flare which is frequently used by junglers. Riot said that the nerf will not make the item completely useless and it will still be an important item for players who like to jungle, however they did nerf the items so that it doesn’t have a negative effect on the game. The Miam passive has also been nerfed and was reduced to +75 damage against monsters, attack damage is now only +12 and the attack speed was decrease as well, bringing it down to +30% and the heal scaling and transform stat bonus was completely removed which will have a huge effect on the game.
Riot said, “Because Feral Flare’s power is essentially tied to how long junglers can ignore their team, the optimal strategy has been to hide away for as long as possible before making a first appearance as the strongest champion on the map – even in comparison to solo laners who have to scrap out their gold against equally matched opponents.”
The patch brings changes that will negatively effect the fast-push strategies which have been very dominant in competitive LoL matches recently. Some other changes that have been introduced is that the starting cool down timer for trinkets has been reduced to 30 seconds, Dragon now provides 145 global gold reward, and outer turrets now have a new Fortification ability. Riots stated that these changes will have little to no effect on regular public matches but they hope it will have a huge impact on competitive play.
Riot Games also made a few changes to the heroes in the patch:
- Gragas: Barrel Roll’s size indicator was reduced in order to better represent the actual radius, the ability now also grants vision once the destination was reached.
- Kassadin: Null Sphere’ shield strength was reduced to 40/70/100/130/160 (+0.3 ability power).
- Jarvan IV: Martial Cadence damage was changed to 10% at all levels while same-target cooldown is now 10/8/6 seconds (at levels 1/7/13). Also, Golden Aegis now only costs 30 mana at all ranks.
- Malphite: Granite Shield’s recharge rate is now 10/8/6 seconds (at levels 1/7/13). Brutal Strikes only costs 25 mana now.
Riot Games also mentioned the new hero, Braum, which will be available a couple of days after the 4.7 update.