Mass Effect: Andromeda will be the first game in Bioware’s Mass Effect series where you’ll be able to fly your ship across the galaxy in first-person view, a mod-verified Reddit user by the name Salsadips claims. Of course, if manual space travel isn’t your thing, you’ll also have the option to use an FTL drive for fast travel.
In addition, it appears that the series’ transition to the new Frostbite engine will also benefit Mass Effect: Andromeda’s gameplay. According to the source, the game will feature destructible cover, making firefights all the more dynamic and intense. The new engine will also pave the way for modern rendering advancements, such as higher quality facial features and character models.
A video explaining all of the leaked information regarding Mass Effect: Andromeda can be seen below. Note that there may be spoilers.
Following is a summary of the leaked information:
- The main character is referred to as “The Pathfinder”
- You’ll get 2 squad mates as before, which include a petite, buxom, blonde human woman, and a krogan
- All squad mates have jet packs which come into play during exploration
- Omni tool is more versatile with contextual interactivity, such as deploying a shield during combat
- Greater detail in character facial features and models via modern rendering advancements
- Destructible cover
- Your ship is an entirely new design with a different layout from that of the Normandy; there’s a balcony to observe lower levels, as well as a “Pathfinder’s quarters”
- New ship travel system in place of the galaxy map from earlier games, where you’ll be able to fly your ship manually or use FTL for fast travel
- The Mako is likely to feature customization
- The story revolves around finding a new home for humanity and other races
- Character customisation includes armour, helmet, gauntlet, etc.
- Alien enemies are a bipedal cross between Vorcha and Collectors
- Non-human enemies drop into combat via Cerberus ships; could be a placeholder, as the game build described was fairly early
- One of the antagonists is a human soldier who is armored similar to you but without the N7 branding
So there you have it, folks. As always, despite the information being verified by a Reddit mod, we would recommend that you take it as a rumor until verified by EA. We’ll be sure to keep you posted if and when that happens. In the meantime, share your thoughts on the leaked information for Mass Effect: Andromeda in the comments below.