- The Elder Scrolls Online Will Launch With 15 GB Day 1 Patch, Closed Public Beta Announced
- Tales of Zestiria announced for PS3, confirmed for worldwide release
- DriveClub Latest Update Adds New Tracks/Car And Improves Weather Effects
- Xbox One details on connectivity, privacy and used games announced
- This new PSN sale nets you $10 for every $50 spent, valid until October 29th
It appears that Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance side story DLCs are free for users on US PSN. You can either grab Blade Wolf DLC or JetStream Sam DLC for Revengeance.
These DLCs normally cost $10 each and appear to be free this week. Strangely, they are listed in the “Price Drops” column so we think this might be permanent drop to free. This is pretty shocking news and begs the question on why even give them out free? Maybe Kojima is gearing up for a release on PC soon and hence decided to give these DLCs to the PS3 players for free. It is unknown whether these DLCs receive a similar fate on Xbox Live since European PSN owners never got any such deal.
Both of these DLCs were like a side story to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. We got to play as two completely new characters with these DLCs, Blade Wolf and Jetstream Sam. They had their own boss fights and their own fighting style.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance has yet to receive a release on PC but it is expected that the game will come with all the DLCs on the PC release. Kojima hasn’t announced a proper release date yet, only shown a glimpse of the PC version.
What do you think of this generous offer from Konami? Let us know in the comments below.
Update: It appears that the DLC is free on both PSN and Xbox Live for all regions. Seems like Konami decided to make them free after all.
Stay tuned to GearNuke for latest news and info on Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.