Microsoft has revealed new details on the sales of Xbox Division this Holiday and stated that the division has broken several previous records. This news was delivered by Microsoft in a post on the official Xbox Wire blog. Microsoft revealed that record number of people signed into Xbox Live on December 28th, 2015, making it the peak for Xbox Live users in the history of the platform.
The number of hours gamers spent playing over the Christmas week (December 20-December 27) were much more as compared to last year, though no exact figures were given. Microsoft has also claimed that the Xbox One is ahead of the Xbox 360 in term of sales during similar point in its life. This makes the Xbox One the best selling Xbox console so far.
Microsoft also revealed that all its first party holiday games sold over 1 million copies each. These games include Halo 5: Guardians, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza Motorsport 6, and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition.
- We released over 200 new features for gamers in 2015 including the New Xbox One Experience and the most-requested feature, Xbox One Backward Compatibility.
- More than 350 games were released or were made playable on Xbox One in 2015 (including first and third-party, ID@Xbox and Xbox One Backward Compatibility titles), fueling progress toward our goal of delivering the largest games catalog ever on Xbox.
- Xbox gamers earned over 4 billion achievements and racked up a total Gamerscore of over 77 billion in 2015.
- In 2015, the Xbox community cast over 6.5 million votes on Xbox Feedback.
- Since Xbox One Backward Compatibility released on Nov. 12 with more than 100 playable titles, global Xbox gamers have logged more than 15 million hours playing Xbox 360 games on Xbox One.
What are your thoughts about this news? Let us know in the comments below.