Earlier today we brought you the news that Mighty No. 9 has reached its next-gen versions goal and will be coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Showing no signs of stopping, the supporters are doing the best they can to reach all the set goals for Mighty No. 9. The goal for portable versions of the game has been recently achieved. With the closing date drawing near people are getting on for the support faster in order to see Mighty No.9 the light of day across many platforms. The Kickstarter was started by Comcept USA, it was started on August 31 and stretched all the way to its closing date today, October 1st.
Here’s a list of goals that were set and reached with 2 additional ones unlocked:
- $1,200,000 = Two More Stages [Reached]
- $1,350,000 = MAC/Linux Versions [Reached]
- $1,500,000 = New Game Plus $ Turbo Mode [Reached]
- $1,750,000 = Making of Documentary [Reached]
- $2,000,000 = Bonus: Boss Rush Mode [Reached]
- $2,200,000 = PS3 / 360/ Wii U Versions [Reached]
- $2,400,000 = Challenge Mode [Reached]
- $2,550,000 = Extra End Stage and Boss [Reached]
- $2,750,000 = Beck & Call Online Co-op Challenge Mode [Reached]
- $2,900,000 = Intro stage and Boss [Reached]
- $3,100,000 = Support Character [Reached]
- $3,300,000 = PS4/Xbox One Versions [Reached]
- $3,500,000 = PS Vita/3DS Versions [Reached]
- $3,700,000 = Single Player Call Stage and Boss
- Optional Retro Style Soundtrack + FX
- Online Battle Race Mode
Mighty No. 9 follows the story of a young robot named Beck, the ninth unit in a set of combat robots called the Mighty Number. A deadly computer virus attacks his fellow units as well as the machines around the world. The player must control Beck and fight the gone-rogue robots and determine who the final villain is who threatens the fate of the planet.
The development team consists of an all-star ex Megaman veterans with Keiji Inafune leading the team as the director of the title. It was also reported that Megaman 2 sound composer, Takashi Tateishi, also joined up with Keiji Inafune at comcept for Mighty No. 9.
Mighty No. 9 will be released sometime in Spring of 2015 for PC (Windows, MAC and Linux), Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, Xbox One, Playstation 4 and the portables, PS Vita and 3DS.
Stay tuned with us as we bring you more news surrounding Mighty No. 9.