Pete Brolly, the Senior Global Brand Manager at Deep Silver, has announced that Keiji Inafune’s Mighty No. 9 will be released this fall, on September 15 in the US and 18 in the rest of the world on PlayStation home consoles. Vita version to be released “shortly after”.
The PlayStation 4 version will be the only one to receive a physical version, but the game will be available digitally on all 3 platforms. The physical PS4 copy will cost €29,99/£24,99 and the digital version will cost €19,99/$£14,99.
Here you can check out the list of features included in Mighty No. 9:
- Play through 12 unique and challenging stages in a single player campaign.
- Unlock New Game+ to add an additional two extra difficulty levelsincluding a punishing Turbo mode.
- Single player Challenge mode with dozens of mini missions for the hardest of challenges.
- Boss Rush Mode: Play through each of the game’s bosses, back to back, with a clock ticking to keep track of your best time.
- Show the world how Mighty you are in the two player online Race Battlewhere you compete online, racing through each stage together in a head to head battle – adding an all new twist on versus mode play that will give Mighty No. 9 life well beyond the single-player campaign.
- Two player online co-op Challenge Mode: take on over a dozen missions online with a friend, playing as Beck and his partner, Call! Use Beck and Call’s different powers together in order to defeat these special challenges.
- Toggle between regular and 8-bit music: this game is a veritable who’s who of veteran game composers – Manami Matsumae, Takeshi Tateishi, Ippo Yamada. As such, Mighty No. 9 features an optional chiptune version of the entire game soundtrack which you can toggle on and off.
- Brand new Ray DLC which features a new stage with its own unique boss as well as a brand new unlockable playable character.
Let us know what you think about this news in the comments below.