The curtains have fallen on this year’s Minecon, and boy did Mojang go all out with new announcements for the game. Alongside the previously revealed Version 1.11 for the desktop version of Minecraft, a brand new update has also been planned for the console versions, and it comes out sooner than you might expect.
The update brings a number of new features such as the addition of non- hostile polar bears in ice biomes and the addition of banners.
The full list can be found below:
- Polar bears and their adorable offspring are to be found wandering frozen biomes.
- Banners! Spruce the place up with your personalised drapery.
- New terrain generation: Igloos now appear in Arctic biomes, and gargantuan fossils lie beneath the earth awaiting your discovery.
- Beetroots! You can farm them and turn them into a restorative soup. Delish!
- Other new blocks: End Bricks, Grass Path, Frosted Ice, Magma, Nether Wart Block, Red Nether Brick and Bone Block.
Also coming to consoles is the The Chinese Mythology Mash-Up pack. This will feature a bright Chinese themed world, with texture packs and 41 skins and 13 music tracks for use in the game. A special map is also included for the Battle Mini Game released a few months back.
The new update as well as The Chinese Mythology Mash-Up pack is set to release for Xbox and US owners of the Wii U on 4th October, with a release for the rest of the consoles to follow the very next day.