- Witcher 3 Devs On PlayStation 4 Capabilities: “We Are Not Holding It Back”
- GearNuke November of Giveaways: COD Ghosts
- United Front Games is working on a brand new game set in Sleeping Dogs universe
- Battlefield 4 Producer: Battlefield 4 Single-Player Campaign Prepares You For Multiplayer
- PlayStation Europe Mocks Xbox One Again With Call of Duty: Ghosts Running At 1080p On PlayStation 4
Developers Treyarch have released a brand new patch today for Call of Duty Black Ops 2, the July 23rd Black Ops 2 patch fixes a ton of issues in Zombies and standard multiplayer but the most important change was the nerfs to the AN94 Assault Rifle, DSR 50 and Ballista sniper rifles.
The AN94 got a damage reduction while the DSR 50 and Ballista Sniper Rifles got rate of fire reductions which in the case of the DSR is weird since it already had a very slow rate of fire. People really started to use the AN94 when the Select Fire FAL OSW was nerfed, now everyone in public lobbies is using the gun, I expect people to use to the M8A1 and Scar H if the damage reduction is significant, will have to check it out later today.
The DSR 50 and Ballista were probably nerfed because of everyone complaining about quickscopers, this will obviously not stop the Optic and Faze pros but expect generally less quickscopers in lobbies now.
The full Black Ops 2 July 23rd Patch Notes are below:
- 6 new Personalization Packs are now available as downloadable content. Each pack comes loaded with 1 camo, 1 themed calling card and 3 unique reticles.
- Season Pass holders will now be reminded to download Season Pass content which they haven’t previously downloaded.
Multiplayer Issues Addressed
- Improved stability when pressing buttons during a Theater mode screenshot.
- Screenshots taken during Theater mode from a match on Uplink will no longer become corrupt.
Multiplayer Game Balancing
- AN-94: Damage slightly reduced.
- DSR 50: Rate of fire reduced.
- Ballista: Rate of fire slightly reduced.
Zombies Issues Addressed
- Players are no longer able to access unintended areas using the Trample Steam and the Elevator.
Mob of the Dead
- Pack-A-Punch version of the Raygun Mark II now displays the correct skin.
- Players are no longer able to pass over the Mansion fence using invisible collision.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to duplicate candy and booze when in dying in a specific staircase.
- Players are no longer able to stand on invisible collision near the Stables and be free from zombie attack.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to hold the top of the Bank for an extended period of time using the Paralyzer and the Vulture-Aid perk.
- Players are no longer able to position buildables in the General Store and become free from zombie attack.
- Players no longer get stuck at the bottom of the slide when using Dive-To-Prone.
- Addressed multiple issues where Players were able to throw themselves into walls using the Trample Steam and become free from zombie attack.
- Players are no longer able to reach unintended collision on the 2nd Floor balcony of the Saloon.
- Addressed an issue where Players could be free from zombie attack when holding a claymore and looking downward, when standing next to a Mystery Box.
- Players are no longer able to launch themselves out of the level near the Saloon using the Paralyzer.
- Fixed multiple issues where the Friendly AI would get stuck while holding a crawler zombie when above the General Store, in the Bank, in the Courthouse, in the Mansion, or the 2nd Floor of the Barn.
- The Friendly AI no longer gets stuck when bringing the Mystery Box from the Hedge Maze to the Town, and vice versa.
- The Friendly AI no longer becomes stuck if a Player gives him Candy and then enters the Fountain.
- Fixed an issue where the Friendly AI and zombies were going through a door in the Hedge Maze and getting stuck near a Mystery Box.
- The Mystery Box now functions properly when Players give the Friendly AI candy and then activate the box.
- Fixed an issue where the Friendly AI would freeze and become unresponsive if he was hit by a high damage weapon while performing a turn animation.
- The Friendly AI no longer becomes stuck in the Mansion if the Player has him take the rear entrance to the Mansion, near the Hedge Maze.
- The Friendly AI no longer gets stuck on top of the Saloon if the Player shoots him while carrying candy or booze.
- Fixed an issue where the Vulture-Aid Mystery Box indicator would permanently remain at box locations if the Player used the Friendly AI to bring the box to that location.
- The Friendly AI no longer becomes stuck if he’s hit with a high damage weapon during his flinch animation.
- Fixed an issue where the Friendly AI would become stuck when fed candy to retrieve buildables in the Saloon, prior to opening the front door and the debris blocking the staircase.
- Zombies no longer get stuck in the ground outside the Mortuary by the Mystery Box location.
- Fixed an issue where Players would occasionally spawn under the map in a 4-Player game.
- Zombies now path to the correct location when Players stand in Vulture-Aid stink.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to launch themselves on top of ghosts using the Paralyzer and be free from attack for a short period of time.
- Players are no longer able to access unintended areas in the Mansion using the Trample Steam and the Paralyzer.
- Zombies no longer get stuck on a window in the Sheriff’s building.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to get the Double Points upgrade when withdrawing money from the Bank with Double Points active.
- Zombies no longer get stuck behind one of the repairable barriers in the Saloon.
- Fixed an issue where Players would die if they jumped into the broken fountain at the same time.
- Player’s camera no longer jitters when standing in a specific spot in the Barn.
- Fixed an issue where zombies would path away from the Player if they stood in a certain spot just outside the Saloon.
- Ghosts can no longer exit the Mansion using the slide, during a non-Ghost round.
- Fixed a Solo-play issue where falling down the spiral staircase would occasionally kill the Player, even if they had the Quick Revive perk.
- The Time Bomb now functions correctly if the Player has both the Time Bomb and the Monkey Bomb in their inventory.
- Fixed multiple issues in Grief, where Players would spawn in Last Stand when respawning in the Stables, Candy Shop, Church, alongside the Saloon, outside the General Store, or on the Mansion-side of the map.
- Players are no longer able to use the Paralyzer to get stuck in a tree outside the Mansion.
- Fixed an issue with zombies occasionally getting stuck when dropping down to the Gazebo stairs.
- The Speed Cola Machine is now properly positioned in the General Store during Grief.
- Fixed an issue where Players were able to trigger ghosts without fully dropping down into the Mansion.
- Zombies who turn into ghosts now enter the Hedge Maze properly.
- Players can no longer trigger Ghosts during a non-Ghost round when entering the Mansion from the rear.
- Players can no longer get on top of the General Store purchasable couch using the Paralyzer, and be free from zombie attack.
- Fixed an exploit where zombies couldn’t path to Players who stood on the purchasable couch in the Saloon.
- Players are no longer able to use the Paralyzer to access the top of a Mansion fence and be free from zombie attack.
- Fixed an exploit where Players were able to stand on the cart outside of the Courthouse and be free from zombie attack.
- Players are no longer able to access invisible collision in-between the Gun Shop and the Saloon with the Paralyzer.
- Players are no longer able to use the Paralyzer to access unintended collision behind the Mansion and be free from zombie attack.
- Players are no longer able to launch themselves onto unintended collision in the Courthouse and be free from zombie attack.
- Players are no longer able to stand on a scaffolding near the purchasable LSAT and be free from zombie attack.
- Fixed an exploit where Players were able to use a combination of the Trample Steam and the Paralyzer inside the Church to become free from zombie attack.
The Patch is live on the Xbox 360 and PS3 but should be available on the PC soon. Let us know your thoughts on the patch in the comments below.