- Phil Spencer On Killer Instinct: “We’ll Stay Committed To Quality”; Looking Into More HD Remasters
- PlanetSide 2 Dev On PS4: “Our Real Bottlenecks Are On CPU Side;” Aiming For 60 FPS On PS4
- Nvidia VP on Next-Gen Consoles: “There’s no way a 200W Xbox is going to beat a 1,000W PC”
- Respawn Overwhelmed by the Positive Reception of TitanFall Alpha, Extends Alpha Till Monday
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection In Development – Rumor
A new game update for Call of Duty: Ghosts is now live. A few hours before the Nemesis DLC add-on went live, Infinity Ward released a new game update for the Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC. Infinity Ward has not released an game update for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 versions of the game but we can expect it to be available in the next few days.
There have been some very important tweaks and fixes made to the game. Infinity Ward has also made changes to the killstreaks. The Loki has been buffed so now the large rod can be fired every 4 seconds instead of 7, rod fires at 1.5 seconds instead of 2 seconds after trigger pull and the small rods now fire at 0.3 seconds instead of 0.5 seconds after trigger pull. Both the assault and support juggernauts have also been buffed and are now faster then before and they also have the Focus perk equipped.
The game update also adds a few new features to the game. Players can now reset their stats once they reach the final prestige. A new, very useful addition to the game is the new hitmaker. The hitmaker is white when your bullets are injuring an enemy and the hitmarker will turn orange when you deal the killing blow.
The patch notes for the new game update are given below:
- Vulture now lives for 90 seconds (in line with sentry gun).
- Juggernaut buffs.
- Assault movement spead increased 15%
- Support movement speed increased 5%
- Assault/Support Juggernaut now have focus perk
- Loki buffs.
- Large rod can now be fired every 4 seconds instead of 7
- Rod fires at 1.5 seconds instead of 2 seconds after trigger pull
- Small rods now fire at 0.3 seconds instead of 0.5 seconds after trigger pull
- Fixed SND plant/defuse issue that could occur in System Link.
- Added ability to name teams when using broadcaster mode.
- Added team name to playercard when in spectator mode.
- When eSports rules are enabled for SND on Strikezone, the non-destroyed version of the map is now always used.
- Removed d-pad helper icon when in first/third person spectator mode.
- Overall anti-cheat improvements.
- Fix for SND round not ending when an entire team has been killed.
- Fix for rare loss of rank issue that could occur when swapping between 360/X1.
- Fixed issue where player could trigger a 10 second cap instead of 5 after stepping off and on a neutral flag.
- Fixed issue that allowed players to see enemy positions in the options menu minimap during the killcam.
- Improved patch unlock requirements UI:
- Added patch, quip, and unlock requirements.
- Fixed persistent “NEW” icon that would occur with extra loadouts.
- Updated safeguard to send out a standard notification of a kill.
- Fixed rare end of match crash.
- Hunted Victor Operation fix: works better with gun game, previous fix only allowed top player to get credit, now we allow top 3 (consistent with FFA).
- Hijacker Operation fix: operation would get stuck at tier 2, it now rolls properly back to 0/10 tier 2 for players.
- Fixed an issue where bots in reinforce would not leave a flag after capturing.
- Added reset stats option for max prestige players.
- Added new menu music for Extinction and MP.
- Updated the hitmarker color to orange when it’s the killing hit.
- Added leaderboards for Drop Zone and Reinforce.
- Enemy Oracle pings now show an orange Oracle symbol on the player hud, indicating they are outlined.
- Tooth bonus pool now offers one bonus tooth per day.
- Engineers can now fire their pistol while repairing the drill.
- Engineers no longer take damage from traps.
- Balancing updates for the Death Machine.
- Feral Vision no longer displays the colored overlay.
- Deployed launcher ammo refills now receive more ammo.
- Players running the Pistols Only relic are now excluded from the “Purchase a new weapon” challenge.
- Fixed issue where background award did not unlock after level completion with a Relic.
- Improvements to the Vanguard logic in Awakening.
- Updated door logic for Ark interior sequence in Awakening.
- Fixed the gas exploit on Mayday.
- Fixed the Drill exploit on Mayday.
- Fixed issue in Chaos mode where players would T-pose.
- Fixed issue with Seeders being included in Seeker challenges.
- Balancing updates for all maps.
Xbox One Specific Update
In addition to the Title Update.
- Fix for rare crash that could occur on Tremor with specific character models.
- Added a segregated matchmaking warning message for low rep players.
- Fixed issue that could display incorrect Rich Presence in local play.