- Monster Hunter 4G Announced Exclusively For The 3DS, Coming This Fall [Update]
- Ultra Street Fighter IV announced; arriving in 2014
- Sports Commentators Consider eSports to be a Bad Bet
- Far Cry 4 PS3 vs. PS4 vs. PC Ultra Image Comparison Shows A Solid Effort On All Platforms
- Grand Theft Auto V coming to PS4 and Xbox One November 18
Sony released a new update for the PlayStation 3. This firmware update version 4.45 is causing peoples’ consoles to get bricked, as reported by numerous people on Twitter. People on the PlayStation forums are reporting the same issue. The update was supposed to let users turn off trophy notifications via System Settings.
Apparently, after downloading and installing the update, users see wavy lines after restarting their consoles. Here is a picture that someone upload to Twitter to show the problem.
Since then, Sony has rolled back Firmware 4.45. You will no longer be prompted to download the update.
PlayStation Europe has tweeted the following:
Hi guys, we're aware of reports that the recent PS3 update (4.45) has caused. We have temporarily taken 4.45 offline and are investigating.
— PlayStation Europe (@PlayStationEU) June 19, 2013