- PlayStation Plus Free Game Content For August Revealed
- Naughty Dog teasing their game on PlayStation 4 with “Greatness Awaits”? [Update]
- Naughty Dog: PS4 Has Allowed Us To “Evolve and Upgrade the Visuals” For The Last of Us Remastered
- Microsoft announce price point of the Xbox One
- FIFA 14 Ultimate Team getting free World Cup update next week
Sony released a new update for the PlayStation 3. This firmware update version 4.45 is causing peoples’ consoles to get bricked, as reported by numerous people on Twitter. People on the PlayStation forums are reporting the same issue. The update was supposed to let users turn off trophy notifications via System Settings.
Apparently, after downloading and installing the update, users see wavy lines after restarting their consoles. Here is a picture that someone upload to Twitter to show the problem.
Since then, Sony has rolled back Firmware 4.45. You will no longer be prompted to download the update.
PlayStation Europe has tweeted the following:
Hi guys, we're aware of reports that the recent PS3 update (4.45) has caused. We have temporarily taken 4.45 offline and are investigating.
— PlayStation Europe (@PlayStationEU) June 19, 2013