- inFamous: Second Son Patch 1.02 Released, About 333 MB In Size [Update]
- This Is Awakened Mewtwo, Debuts In Pokemon X And Y
- The Order: 1886 E3 2013 Models Compared To In-Game Models – Ready at Dawn Delivers On Their Promise
- Bioshock Infinite Burial at Sea Episode 2 announced
- Agni’s Philosophy shows up as PS4 title on Amazon
Sony released a new update for the PlayStation 3. This firmware update version 4.45 is causing peoples’ consoles to get bricked, as reported by numerous people on Twitter. People on the PlayStation forums are reporting the same issue. The update was supposed to let users turn off trophy notifications via System Settings.
Apparently, after downloading and installing the update, users see wavy lines after restarting their consoles. Here is a picture that someone upload to Twitter to show the problem.
Since then, Sony has rolled back Firmware 4.45. You will no longer be prompted to download the update.
PlayStation Europe has tweeted the following:
Hi guys, we're aware of reports that the recent PS3 update (4.45) has caused. We have temporarily taken 4.45 offline and are investigating.
— PlayStation Europe (@PlayStationEU) June 19, 2013