- Watch Dogs Developer Talks Other Places Than Chicago For The Game’s Setting
- Features of Windows 8.1 to make your life easier
- Xbox One Achievement App’s Hidden Feature: “Snap And Play”
- Are Violent Video Games Really The Cause?
- Sucker Punch Reveals The inFamous: Second Son Photo/Art Contest Winners: Creativity At Its Finest
Sony released a new update for the PlayStation 3. This firmware update version 4.45 is causing peoples’ consoles to get bricked, as reported by numerous people on Twitter. People on the PlayStation forums are reporting the same issue. The update was supposed to let users turn off trophy notifications via System Settings.
Apparently, after downloading and installing the update, users see wavy lines after restarting their consoles. Here is a picture that someone upload to Twitter to show the problem.
Since then, Sony has rolled back Firmware 4.45. You will no longer be prompted to download the update.
PlayStation Europe has tweeted the following:
Hi guys, we're aware of reports that the recent PS3 update (4.45) has caused. We have temporarily taken 4.45 offline and are investigating.
— PlayStation Europe (@PlayStationEU) June 19, 2013