- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Release Date And Pre-order Bonus Announced
- The Order: 1886 E3 2014 Demo Gets Fantastic Response And Praise From Developers And PlayStation MVPs
- Grand Theft Auto V cheats and codes, “Invincibility” code added [Update]
- PlayStation 4 Makes It To ‘Page 3′ In UK, Overtakes Long Running Glamour Models
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn PS3 Version Price Dropped – Avail The PS4 Upgrade For Free
Sony released a new update for the PlayStation 3. This firmware update version 4.45 is causing peoples’ consoles to get bricked, as reported by numerous people on Twitter. People on the PlayStation forums are reporting the same issue. The update was supposed to let users turn off trophy notifications via System Settings.
Apparently, after downloading and installing the update, users see wavy lines after restarting their consoles. Here is a picture that someone upload to Twitter to show the problem.
Since then, Sony has rolled back Firmware 4.45. You will no longer be prompted to download the update.
PlayStation Europe has tweeted the following:
Hi guys, we're aware of reports that the recent PS3 update (4.45) has caused. We have temporarily taken 4.45 offline and are investigating.
— PlayStation Europe (@PlayStationEU) June 19, 2013