- Tales of Symphonia Chronicles HD announced for Western release in 2014
- History of Ubisoft Game Reveals: Watch Dogs Is Not The Only Game To Receive Downgrade In Visual
- Sniper Elite 3 gives you a chance to blow the Führer’s brains out again
- Killzone Shadow Fall Lead Designer: No patches necessary for tweaking multiplayer content
- Are we going to hear about the first Steam Machine soon?
Sony released a new update for the PlayStation 3. This firmware update version 4.45 is causing peoples’ consoles to get bricked, as reported by numerous people on Twitter. People on the PlayStation forums are reporting the same issue. The update was supposed to let users turn off trophy notifications via System Settings.
Apparently, after downloading and installing the update, users see wavy lines after restarting their consoles. Here is a picture that someone upload to Twitter to show the problem.
Since then, Sony has rolled back Firmware 4.45. You will no longer be prompted to download the update.
PlayStation Europe has tweeted the following:
Hi guys, we're aware of reports that the recent PS3 update (4.45) has caused. We have temporarily taken 4.45 offline and are investigating.
— PlayStation Europe (@PlayStationEU) June 19, 2013