- Uncharted 3 Game Director: PS4 is a “Killer Machine”, talks about PS4 Hardware, Uncharted 3 Graphics and More
- Nippon Ichi announces Disgaea 4 Return and Criminal Girls Invitation For PS Vita
- PS2 Classic ‘Katamari Damacy’ rolling its way onto the US PSN next week
- Quantum Break to be the ‘ultimate Remedy experience’, according to developer
- Nvidia announces $3,000 Titan Z
Sony released a new update for the PlayStation 3. This firmware update version 4.45 is causing peoples’ consoles to get bricked, as reported by numerous people on Twitter. People on the PlayStation forums are reporting the same issue. The update was supposed to let users turn off trophy notifications via System Settings.
Apparently, after downloading and installing the update, users see wavy lines after restarting their consoles. Here is a picture that someone upload to Twitter to show the problem.
Since then, Sony has rolled back Firmware 4.45. You will no longer be prompted to download the update.
PlayStation Europe has tweeted the following:
Hi guys, we're aware of reports that the recent PS3 update (4.45) has caused. We have temporarily taken 4.45 offline and are investigating.
— PlayStation Europe (@PlayStationEU) June 19, 2013