The new Rise of the Tomb Raider patch for PC is out now. The update adds DirectX 12 Async Compute support, DirectX 12 Multi-GPU, V-sync Toggle and improves CPU utilization for better performance.
Dutch developer, Nixxes, revealed that the patch is now available for steam users, however, players who use the Windows Store will receive the patch in the near future.
Patch Notes for Rise of the Tomb Raider:
- Adds DirectX12 Multi-GPU support. Many of you have requested this, so DirectX 12 now supports NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX configurations
- The benefits of DirectX 12 are still the same, but now you are less likely to be GPU bottlenecked and can reach higher framerates due to the improved CPU utilization DirectX 12 offers.
- Adds utilization of DirectX 12 Asynchronous Compute, on AMD GCN 1.1 GPUs and NVIDIA Pascal-based GPUs, for improved GPU performance.
- On the latest Windows 10 version, V-sync can now be disabled (Windows Store version), and behavior of disabled V-sync has been improved (Steam version).
- Improvements to stereoscopic 3D rendering, including fixes for NIVIDA Surround and AMD Eyefinity in combination with stereoscopic 3D.
- Improved default settings for certain integrated GPUs.
- Removes the Voidhammer Shotgun for users that do not have Cold Darkness Awakens DLC or have not yet unlocked it by rescuing prisoners in Cold Darkness Awakens.
- A fix for a save issue where some game state could get lost in very rare circumstances.
- This patch force-disables the Steam Overlay when using DirectX 12. This is due to stability issues with the Steam Overlay in combination with DirectX 12. (You can re-enable with the -enablesteamoverlay launch argument)
- A fix for crashes with VXAO enabled on NVIDIA GTX1080 cards.
- A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.
Players who face issues after downloading this patch can revert back to the older version of the game if they choose to do so. The new patch is now available for Steam users and will be available for Window Store users in the near future.
Recently, publisher of Rise of the Tomb Raider, Square Enix, announced that the game will be available for the PS4 during the Holiday season. For more information, click here.