Star Ocean 5 was just announced in the latest issue of Famitsu after being teased on a mysterious teaser site by Square Enix. The latest issue of Famitsu includes some interesting details on the game (via Hachim Kiko), check them out below:
The game’s full name is Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness and will take place on a planet called Feycreed located 6000 light years away from Earth. Feycreed is a primitive planet filled with alien species.
Three characters were revealed which we expect to be the main party of Star Ocean 5:
- Fedel Camus, voiced by Kaito Ishikawa, is the game’s protagonist. He’s adept at fencing, and is very protective of his village.
- Miki Sorvesta, voiced by Nao Toyama, is Fedel’s childhood friend.
- Lilia is a mysterious girl who lost both her memories and emotions.
The development staff of Star Ocean 5 is as follows:
- Developer: tri-Ace
- Character Designer: Akira “Akiman” Yasuda
- Producer: Shuichi Kobayashi
- Director: Hiroshi Ogawa
- Lead Programmer: Yoshiharu Gotanda
The pages covering the game showed off a Blonde Sword Wielder going head to head with a blue haired magic user. The battles are said to be in real time and integrated seamlessly into the exploration, so no short animations or loadtimes in battles, which is great. There’s also a combo system which will change how you attack depending on the distance between you and your target.
Along with the traditional custcenes, the game will also have “seamless events” including when enemies attack your party. Players will be able to explore different outcomes if their allies get caught in such battles.
Stay tuned to GearNuke as we keep you updated with all things Star Ocean.