Watch Dogs is an open world action-adventure game developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft. Set within a fictionalized version of Chicago, Illinois, the single-player story follows a hacker and his efforts to seek revenge after the accidental death of his niece. The open world design lets players freely roam Chicago, which includes the urban city, open countryside, and slums.
Watch Dogs has been out for a little over 20 days and it has sold millions of units since its release. But the game wasn’t perfect as fans came across several issues such as save data corruption, bugs that prevented players from hacking in the game, etc.
Ubisoft has been working hard, trying to find solutions to all these issues and give the players the best experience possible. Ubisoft has been working on a patch for Watch Dogs that aims to resolve issues that the fans have been complaining about. The patch will be released on all platforms the game is available on. The patch won’t only fix the bugs but it will add new optimization features to the PC version of the game.
According to Ubisoft, the patch will be available for the PlayStation 4 sometime today, “Shortly” on the PlayStation 3, it will be available for the PC in the “coming days,” and the Xbox 360 and Xbox One “within the next week.”
A list of all the changes and fixes coming in the upcoming patch is given below:
Major Game Fixes
- Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
- Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.
- Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
- Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
- Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.
- Fixed several minor respawn issues.
- Fixed some connection and session joining issues.
PC Specific Fixes
- Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
- Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
- Implemented several performance improvements.
- Implemented a few control improvements.
- Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
- Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
- Implemented several mouse modifications.
- Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
- Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
- Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
- Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
- Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
- Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
- Added game version in main menu.
Watch Dogs has been out almost a month now. What are your thoughts on the game so far? Has it lived up to your expectations or are you disappointed? Let us know in the comment section.