Microsoft has released a brand new update for the Xbox One for the preview members. This firmware update also adds some of the promised features that will be a part of the upcoming March update including the ability to purchase Xbox 360 games directly from the Xbox One store.
You can read the full details about the firmware below.
OS version released: th2_xb_rel_1603.160304-1900
Available: 1:00AM GMT 7th of March
- Green Screen issues when watching Video:
- Fixed an issue which green screens could appear in some video applications.
- Intermittent flickering Black screens:
- Fixed an issue in which black screens would appear, in games, apps or when navigating the dashboard
New Features in this Build:
- Purchase Xbox 360 Backward compatible games: Games today will be discover-able via Game hubs and Activity feed and over the next 24 hours the Store programming will be live for a full end to end purchasing experience.
- The Achievements snap app is no longer in the build – please use the guide experience to view your achievement’s progress
As seen in the update notes above, users can now purchase the Xbox 360 backwards compatible games on their Xbox One. Although this feature still hasn’t been fully implemented yet and will go live in the next 24 hours after the release of this firmware update.
Let us know if you have noticed any improvement after updating to the latest version of the Xbox One firmware in the comments below.