Microsoft has released a brand new update for all the users who are in the Xbox Insider proram for the firmware updates that are still in the Beta phase. Since Xbox One is supposedly getting a new firmware update soon, which aims to solve some of the issues with the performance and make it much more efficient, this update gives us a good glimpse at what to expect from it.
Now thanks to a YouTube video, we can get an idea of the performance improvement between the old Xbox One firmware and the latest one, which shows that the multitasking is improved greatly making it easier for users to switch programs to perform other tasks.
Some of the known issues for this new update are listed below.
• Controllers & accessories When a steering wheel accessory is connected, the console interface may freeze and become unresponsive. Workaround: Disconnect the steering wheel accessory, and hard reset the console (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
• Sign-in With profile sign-in settings set to “Lock it down”, you may be unable to sign-in again playing a game, then signing out. Workaround: Hard reset the console (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
• VUDU VUDU may fail to launch or videos may fail to play due to a connecting to network error.
• Apps You may be unable to fully navigate in certain apps due to the lack of a cursor. The affected apps include, but are not limited to: Baconit, British Radio, American Radio, UrzaGatherer, and MSN Weather.
• EA Access If you have an EA Access subscription and own a large number of digital games or apps, you may have issues installing or playing EA Access content.
• Jump Guide Microsoft Edge webpages which are pinned in the Jump Guide fail to launch the webpage.
• Screen Dimming The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
• Settings – Ease of Access When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access – Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
• Settings – Display & sound The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
There is no official word on the release timing for this firmware update to all the Xbox One users but if you can’t wait for it, then you can opt in for the Xbox Insider program to get the beta version of this firmware update.