- Nippon Ichi announces Disgaea 4 Return and Criminal Girls Invitation For PS Vita
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix sells 270k units in September, beats Disney Infinity in North America
- Dark Souls 2 PC specs and release date revealed
- The Last Guardian Listed On PlayStation Store For PlayStation 3
- New Halo 5: Guardians leak shows ADS and Sprinting [Update]
No this is not an April’s 1st joke folks, Nintendo just mad the Nintendo 2DS official. The Nintendo 2DS is basically a 3DS but plays games in 2D instead of 3D. The original 3DS is able to play games in 2D but the 2DS removes the functionality altogether in turn for a cheaper price.
Personally I’m not a big fan of the design but the 2DS is $40 cheaper than the $169 priced 3DS, which you can then use to buy a game.
The Nintendo 2DS is able to play both 3DS and DS games so gladly they didn’t take out that feature. Basically the 2DS is just a normal 3DS but without 3DS functionality and a new shape. Speaking about the shape, the clam shell is now gone and replaced with what Nintendo claim is a “fixed, slate-type form factor”.
Gamers will be able to try out the Nintendo 2DS when Nintendo brings it along on tour to Simon Malls in North America. What do you think of the 2DS? Let us know in the comments below.