- Transformers Universe Comes Out This Summer
- The Walking Dead Episode 4 ‘Amid The Ruins’ Out Soon, Check Out Its Trailer
- Early Receiver of PS4 States Day One Update Not Live Yet, Shows Killzone: Shadow Fall and More
- MIcrosoft Announce Assassin’s Creed Unity Xbox One Bundle
- Dark Souls 2 Early PS3 Build vs Retail Build Shows Severely Downgraded Lighting And Graphics
No this is not an April’s 1st joke folks, Nintendo just mad the Nintendo 2DS official. The Nintendo 2DS is basically a 3DS but plays games in 2D instead of 3D. The original 3DS is able to play games in 2D but the 2DS removes the functionality altogether in turn for a cheaper price.
Personally I’m not a big fan of the design but the 2DS is $40 cheaper than the $169 priced 3DS, which you can then use to buy a game.
The Nintendo 2DS is able to play both 3DS and DS games so gladly they didn’t take out that feature. Basically the 2DS is just a normal 3DS but without 3DS functionality and a new shape. Speaking about the shape, the clam shell is now gone and replaced with what Nintendo claim is a “fixed, slate-type form factor”.
Gamers will be able to try out the Nintendo 2DS when Nintendo brings it along on tour to Simon Malls in North America. What do you think of the 2DS? Let us know in the comments below.