In a recently released trailer, Nintendo showcased 6 of the newest Pokemon that will be appearing in the upcoming Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon games. The Pokemon in question are Wimpod, Bounsweet, Comfey, Mudsdale, Mimikyu and Bewear.
The official descriptions of the Pokemon are as follow:
Name: Wimpod (Bug/Water type)
- Wimpod is the Turn Tail Pokemon. This Pokemon is described as cowardly scavenger that eats or stores anything that’s been dropped in the sea meaning it is highly valued across the Alola region as a cleaner of the sea. Wimpod’s Ability Wimp Out, causes this Pokemon to run away or swap out for another Pokemon when its HP drops below half in battle.
Name: Bounsweet (Grass type)
- Bounsweet is described as the Fruit Pokemon which gives off a delicious aroma. The aroma has a calming effect on humans, so many people across let them live inside their homes as an air fresheners.
Name: Comfey (Fairy type)
- The Posey Picker Pokemon Comfey picks flowers which it carries around with it. It uses its soothing aroma to help treat people and Pokemon at Pokemon Centers and hospitals.
Name: Mudsdale (Ground type)
- Mudslade is the Draft Horse Pokemon with incredible power and stamina. Its legs are coated in a protective mud and its kick is strong enough to destroy a car in a single hit. Mudslade has the Ability Stamina, a new Ability which raises a Pokemon’s Defense by one when an attack hits.
Name: Bewear (Normal/Fighting type)
- Bewear is the Strong Arm Pokemon that must never be approached carelessly. With its strong and highly developed arms and legs, Bewear loves to give crushing bear hugs that can split anything in two.
Name: Mimikyu (Ghost/Fairy Type)
- As the Disguised Pokemon, Mimikyu lives its life constantly covered by its cloth. It’s Disguise Ability allows it to escape danger from an enemy’s attack once, and then its appearance changes.
The trailer also featured a Global Link system for the games, which will allow players to set up both Online and Live competitions. Online competitions are fought over the internet in which players battle each other for the best rating, while live competitions are used to play with others in the local vicinity.
Additionally, Nintendo also revealed the Hyper Training function, which allows players to increase a Pokemon’s power even after it has reached level 100. Hyper training is done by a new character, named Mr. Hyper, and is something that has never been present in previous Pokemon games.
Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon are set for launch on November 18th 2016 on the Nintendo 3DS.